Xperia X10 - Android - IGO 8.4.2 and TTS   

Xperia X10 - Android - IGO 8.4.2 and TTS

Postby michael2004 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:47 am

Hi, I installed recently on my Xperia X10 IGO with the help from this forum and it;s working well. The only part that is bother me is i still can not use the TTS.
Is anything that i can do? any help is really apreciated.
I mention that i have a Curtis GPS (windows) that i installed as well IGO8 and TTS and there everything is ok.
thank you
michael2004 offline

Postby nabi » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:26 am

Since you have a working TTS on your other device, you likely did something wrong, overlooked a detail.
Really, everything you need to know is here.
I set up those threads long ago, and following it myself, I made a working TTS on my device. My problem is I don't use TTS, so it's not my area of expertise. But it's for Chas521. And Fatboyfun does use TTS as well, I believe. So when they see this thread, they will point you in the right direction.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby chas521 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:09 pm

michael2004 wrote:Hi, I installed recently on my Xperia X10 IGO with the help from this forum and it;s working well. The only part that is bother me is i still can not use the TTS.
Is anything that i can do? any help is really apreciated.
I mention that i have a Curtis GPS (windows) that i installed as well IGO8 and TTS and there everything is ok.
thank you

From what I know about Android and iGO TTS is that TTS doesn't seem to work. But it does seem to work in Sygic [from what I hear that is]. My only other advice is to make sure that all the necessary files/folders are in the iGO folder.
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?137-Sygic-System-%2816-43%29VSa
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby michael2004 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:22 am

Thank you for your replys. It didn't work, i tried to have the same files and same folders as i had on my other device but nothing. i will use it like that, no TTS, or as chas521 advised i 'll go with Sygic.
michael2004 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core