Win CE + iGo problem   

Win CE + iGo problem

Postby garfild » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:46 pm

Hello guys,
I would like to ask for the help. I tried to install iGo on old GPS with Win CE. Everything went well - changed registry from default software exe file to explorer exe. Installed, tested and everything worked well. The last step was to change registry to myboot.exe file - some software which I found. I put exe files in the navi folder, hanged registry and restart. Suddenly bricked. myboot.exe disappeard from navi and in registry remained. At the moment I can not change registry via CeRegEditor (from myboot to explorer) because after the reboot navi is in default (myboot.exe). I can connect it as a usb flash drive buteverytime I store some files on the GPS, after the reboot files disappear. I also tried to rename explorer.exe to myboot.exe but not worked. Also change persisted register from 1 to 1 but same result. Do you have any idea how to solve it? How to change registry and keep it after reboot?

very very appreciate it! :bs_quesexclaim: :bs_quesexclaim:
garfild offline

Re: Win CE + iGo problem

Postby chas521 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:33 pm

What is the name of the device and do you have the original installation disk? Also, you might do a Google search for your device and see what you can find.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby garfild » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:52 pm

its Dynavix Tera TIR 3R, I also tried to search google for restoration firmware, they have some manager to restore to default, but its not working, because their app need to have loaded exe file in GPS.
garfild offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:17 pm

Send them an email and see if they can direct you. They might be able to send you the restoration disk.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby garfild » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:04 pm

they won't help me... unsupported model and stuf..
garfild offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core