Which Version of Igo for Truck?   

Which Version of Igo for Truck?

Postby cieranc » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi all, with the help of you guys I've got iGO 8.3.4.142975 working on a Binatone.

Next challenge is the Truck software, In this link:
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6680-iGO-8.3-data.zip-with-GJ-skin-integrated-Multiresolution-with-DA-amp-Truck-option
it mentions (and illustrates) the truck option, I drive a wrecker and often run at 65 tons+85 feet in length, so this would be a very useful option for me.

Will this run on my current setup?
Is this available on its own or will it only operate within the full setup in the link?

Thanks again gents,
cieranc offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:14 pm

As stated in that link 8.3.4_142975.exe, which as you said above, is the version you got working. So it SHOULD work as long as
Tested on devices with resolution 240x320, 240x400, 320x240, 400x240, 480x234, 480x800, 800x480(platforms WinCe4.2, WinCE 5.0, WinMobile6.1), not yet on 480x272.
Archive contain, branding.zip, data.zip, GFX, LIC and exe.

At least you could give it a try! Backup the files you have, then replace them with what is in the download--if you had to rename any files to get them to work on your system, rename the new ones to be exactly the same-, restart, cross your fingers, and see what happens!
If the system stuffs up, replace the files you backed up, make sure things are back to working, and then we can try something else maybe.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:25 pm

It's better to backup the complete iGO, then replace the files with the ones that are in the download or add the ones from the download. I don't know exactly what is the case. Also, some downloads have a readme file to explain.
When something doesn't work as planned, it's the easiest to restore the complete backupped iGO again and all is back to where you started.
And this way there will be no mix from the different downloads, possibly messing up future attemps to make things work.

Sorry YT, if that is what you meant/said. I did not understand it this way.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:03 pm

nabi wrote:Sorry YT, if that is what you meant/said. I did not understand it this way.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. But you said it better.:)
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:13 pm

And you speak English since birth :tease:
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:46 pm

nabi wrote:And you speak English since birth

Nah...it took me a couple weeks.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby cieranc » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:03 pm

He he, cheers gents.
Well the results just in, it's simply a case of adding the additional files in the truck download into to relevent folders in the original 8.3 setup. There are some folders and files that are not in the original directory, just add these. And there are some files which are identical, you'll get asked if you want to duplicate or replace, just replace.
After a few niggles, it fired into life :clapping_mini:

BUT......... I've set up 3 profiles for trucks I use regulary, one 6.5 ton 8 foot high, one 26ton rigid thats 12 foot high and one 150 ton artic (well technically a locomotive :)) thats 16 foot high.
Then I set some routes, with the start and finish either side of known low bridges or weight restrictions.
No matter which profile I select, the route takes me under the low bridges or over the 3 ton weight limit, which is a bit worrying.
So needs some more tweaking somewhere.
I'm working tomorrow so I've taken the truck back off the SD card, so I can get used to using the new sat-nav tomorrow. I'll get another SD card and load the truck onto that, so I can swap between the two quickly, that way when it goes quiet at work I can experiment with the truck setup.
Also with the truck, the whole map is surrounded by option/menu buttons, it's quite confusing and will need a while to get used to it. The original 8.3 is quite simple to use,

So, so far so good, it was just a case of Who Dares Wins :) :) , I'll experiment more with it later.
I'm writing everything I do down, and when I'm happy I'm planning on posting up a complete Eejits guide to installation, should help people in the future.

Cheers gents :)
cieranc offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:09 pm

@cieranc

We talked via PM regarding this.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby cieranc » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Aye cheers Chas, seems someone else has had the same problem: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6840-igo-truck-height&highlight=truck
It's suggested there that the wrong maps are being used. Am I right in thinking that the low bridges/restrictions will be listed in the PoI's rather than on the actual map itself?
cieranc offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:42 pm

cieranc wrote:Aye cheers Chas, seems someone else has had the same problem: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6840-igo-truck-height&highlight=truck
It's suggested there that the wrong maps are being used. Am I right in thinking that the low bridges/restrictions will be listed in the PoI's rather than on the actual map itself?

It's more than just the version of maps. I have a feeling that other guy was using just .fbl. You need to also add the other elements with Primo. However, you may start running into a space problem on your 2GB SD card. I don't use a truck profile but I'm sure there are members here who have successfully done it. Can someone help here please?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Well, you need Europe Navteq maps and truck (ftr) files to get the information and correct routing. Only for some reason, Navteq decided to make different mapsets of the same build (example 2010Q1 = 3 different sets, I believe). Some sets have truck data in the fbl (map) file, some sets need seperated ftr files (http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?4100-FULL-EUROPE-.ftr-set&highlight=truck). Maybe somniantis, the igo uploader, can be of help here?
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:17 pm

No need, This is the .ftr for the mapset you should have, Place the .ftr file in the map directory, I don't use truck routing so that's as far as my knowledge goes.

Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Robi-tim » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:41 am

Hello

Where can I download 8.3.4 142975? Any Tutorial how to make it working???
Robi-tim offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:57 am

Have you looked here?:
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?5301-iGo-8.3.4.142975-for-480x800-DVD&highlight=8.3.4+142975

Hint: Found by using forum "Search" and pasting in "8.3.4 142975".
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Robi-tim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:21 am

I have problem again. Because of 2gb limit I just used fbl and ftr files but my device wont navigate truck on highways. Any solution why? I tried search "Igo truck highway" but no results. :( I have primo 9.2.1.179499 with TomTom 2011.12 maps and ftr files. In Car mode it navigates on highway untill I input dimensions same as truck.
Robi-tim offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core