Which language files should I have?   

Which language files should I have?

Postby wim66 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:54 am

IGO 8.5
I can switch between english and Thai on the system at folder level. In Content/Language I find the Thai and English UK lang.file.
In navigation mode I only have the Thai lang. on the map, no english. In content/voice I find only the Thai lang. file.
How can I get the thai language in navigation mode?
wim66 offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:21 pm

wim66 wrote:IGO 8.5
I can switch between english and Thai on the system at folder level. In Content/Language I find the Thai and English UK lang.file.
In navigation mode I only have the Thai lang. on the map, no english. In content/voice I find only the Thai lang. file.
How can I get the thai language in navigation mode?

I doubt that you can in any iGO program. It probably would require the correct Thai phoneme and I'm pretty sure that none is available.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby wim66 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:34 am

chas521 wrote:I doubt that you can in any iGO program. It probably would require the correct Thai phoneme and I'm pretty sure that none is available.

I made a mistake. I am looking for a way to have the map in navigation mode in the English language and not in the Thai language as I currently have.
Sorry for the confusion and thank you for responding
wim66 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:54 am

wim66 wrote:Sorry for the confusion

Just to get this straight and clear, you have Primo 1.1 (iGo 8.5x), and you want the English VOICE files for it?
If so, I think Chas521 can help you with this.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:21 am

In the meantime, in case I guessed correctly, I have some NON-TTS English voices that might work for you.

Download:
[SPOILER=See Link][Please Register or Login to download file] [/spoiler]

Info:
[SPOILER=See Stuff]
Unrar the file on your PC..[color="#FF0000"]password= http://www.navitotal.com[/color]
You will see a folder with 5 *.zip files in it.
Copy these zip files (do not unzip them) to your {iGo\Primo}\content\voice folder.
Then start the Nav program and see if you can now choose one of the 5 English voices for navigation in Settings.[/spoiler]

If you want TTS (Text To Speech) voices, you will have to talk to Chas521 about that.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:43 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:Just to get this straight and clear, you have Primo 1.1 (iGo 8.5x), and you want the English VOICE files for it?
If so, I think Chas521 can help you with this.

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:In the meantime, in case I guessed correctly, I have some NON-TTS English voices that might work for you.

Download:
[SPOILER=See Link][Please Register or Login to download file] [/spoiler]

Info:
[SPOILER=See Stuff]
Unrar the file on your PC..[color="#FF0000"]password= http://www.navitotal.com[/color]
You will see a folder with 5 *.zip files in it.
Copy these zip files (do not unzip them) to your {iGo\Primo}\content\voice folder.
Then start the Nav program and see if you can now choose one of the 5 English voices for navigation in Settings.[/spoiler]

If you want TTS (Text To Speech) voices, you will have to talk to Chas521 about that.

This whole program is in English - Primo 1.1 http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?5500-November-Primo-1.1-from-my-device Use Rapidshare.com and/or iGO8 http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-5-2011

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby wim66 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:43 am

Indeed the IGO8.5.
In the meantime I do have the voice and lang.text files. Thank you. I am getting the total files part 1 and 2 from Chas 521, in case I need these.
But my problem is that when I switch to navigation mode (Navi (right bottom: Map updates, etc. in English) but then the map opens in Thai Language and the setting folders (top right button) are in Thai. Nowhere I can find settings in there where I can set the language.
At the language Setting in Main Menue I have choosen English. Here I cannot find the Thai language but the system default is Thai.
wim66 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:36 am

I think I, for one, am a bit confused.
You are talking about two different things:
1) PROGRAM language (buttons, menus, text, etc)
2) VOICE language (spoken directions, spoken alerts, etc)

And I don't really understand what, or which one you mean when you say "navigation mode" and "map opens in Thai language". If you mean the STREET NAMES are not in English, they never will be unless you use and are in an English speaking country with the maps of that area. In other words, "Main Street" as displayed in text on the map will always be in the local language/spelling of that map.
The spoken directions ("Turn right in 500 meters", etc) will/should be in the language that is chosen in the Sound>Voice settings.

What is it that you really want to accomplish?
Do you want to keep the program you have but have as much as possible in English, or do you want to replace what you have with a different program that is all in English?
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby wim66 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:06 am

Let me try with this terminology:
When I do a restore, the program language is Thai. In the Desk menu I can change the program language to English. All the buttons and menus are in the english language.
Then I go to the button "Navi Path" and set it to: \SDMMC\IGO8.8\iGO.exe
Then I go to the button"Navi" and a screen comes up wiht iGO primo and is loading
When loaded I get a screenmap in the Thai language. Such as Km,time is written in Thai.When I click on the menu button , right uphand corner, I get a menu with some buttons written in Thai and some in English. This makes it almost impossible to work with this system, which by the way is a very good system. I also have a Garmin but this is far better in functionality. But on the Garmin I do have the language in English. The interesting thing though is in case I have to input data I can choose between Thai and English keyboard.
I cannot find a menu with Sound in order to change to English. I have put Sound in Content/Voice folder and have English language in Content/Lan folder.
Is there a hard reset on the system so I can bring it back to its initial factory settings, not the restore.?
I feel very silly because I have quite some experience with Computer, Smartphones, Satellites, etc. but I am about to give up.
wim66 offline

Postby deejai » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 am

you must install only one iGO on your card (SDMMC)

such as you want to run Primo you remove iGO8.3 to PC
deejai offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:34 am

wim66 wrote:[color="#FF0000"]I feel very silly[/color] because I have quite some experience with Computer, Smartphones, Satellites, etc. but I am about to give up.

[color="#FF0000"]No reason for that[/color], and no reason to give up...we'll figure it out!

It sounds to me like you have Primo 1.1 and it was originally on the system in Thai and you want everything within the navigation program to be English.
In that case, I would suggest you download the COMPLETE setup from Chas521 here:
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?5500-November-Primo-1.1-from-my-device
Backup what you currently have on your SD Card (the entire "IGO8.8" folder) to your computer, then delete it completely from the SD Card. Copy the full Primo 1.1 install from Chas521 to the SD Card, change the "Navi Path" on the device to now point to the new install. Copy the maps, POI, or other local map content you backed up from your old install folder to the new one on the SD Card, start the program, and see if you now have what you want!
If you have any trouble with getting a GPS satellite lock, etc with the new program, post back and someone can help you with that.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:00 pm

I have a question. What the heck is an iGO8[color=#FF0000].8[/color] folder?

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby wim66 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:00 am

I downloaded Household_hints part 1 & 2, extracted both into one file, copied onto the SDCard, get message: program application database cannot be found?
wim66 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:44 am

wim66 wrote:get message: program application database cannot be found?

If there is a section in sys.txt for [folders], delete that whole section, save sys.txt, and try again.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby wim66 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:26 am

I followed your advice in getting the sofware from Chass521, installed, took out the folders section from Syss.txt and.........

IT WORKS!!!!!

It does all the things I want it to do. Took me many, many hours and needed a lot of help but thanks to you all.

I am very gratefull:dance:
wim66 offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core