Which IGO engine should I use on my via michelin ?   

Which IGO engine should I use on my via michelin ?

Postby marcy99 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Can someone please advise me what IGO engine I should use for my via michelin x960 win ce device, I am currently running mio pocket and I am looking to branch out in to the igo world. Please can you let me know which one is compatible with it.

The Viamichelin runs win ce its a little device full details here [Please Register or Login to download file]

Screen: 3.5’’ QGVA LCD (320x240 pixels) / 65,536 colours
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby nabi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Do not overload your device with features or maps you don't really need and both iGO 8.3 or Primo should do well on you device.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby marcy99 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:42 pm

nabi wrote:Do not overload your device with features or maps you don't really need and both iGO 8.3 or Primo should do well on you device.

Thanks for your assistance nabi, it appears after viewing this entire igo forum that you are the knowledge base. Could you please (when you have time) point me to a specific version of Primo that I should use, I am a little bamboozled by the many different versions and I am hoping with your help I can limit down the choices. Thanks Marcy
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby chas521 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:34 pm

marcy99 wrote:Thanks for your assistance nabi, it appears after viewing this entire igo forum that you are the knowledge base. Could you please (when you have time) point me to a specific version of Primo that I should use, I am a little bamboozled by the many different versions and I am hoping with your help I can limit down the choices. Thanks Marcy

Even though you praise my buddy Nabi, I'll help you anyway. First of all, I suggest you get another SD card for the new nav program and contents. I suggest a 4 GB SDHC - I'm pretty sure you can use the SDHC instead of just a SD. But if you can find just a plain SD instead of SDHC it might be so much the better. Next you will need to download an unlock from our library here http://www.navitotal.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?175-GPS-Unlock in order to use the cracked program. I suggest iGO 8.3 for you instead of Primo http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1837-Working-iGO-8.3-from-my-device. Once you have the program working, we'll make some edits for your device.

[color="red"]ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR DEVICE FIRST BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES/EDITS BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW![/color]
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:39 pm

Hmm, do I even deserve that praise?

Marcy99, did you not have Primo working on a X960? http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2712-iGO-Primo-v1.1-8.5.11.155811-%28Aug-13-2010%29, post 7
What happened?
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby marcy99 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Hi, sorry for the delay I have been a bit busy lately I meant to come back but never got round to it Im sorry about that. Yes, the thing is I had everything on an SD card and silly me forgot to back it up and, you guessed it, the SD card got wiped, so I had to start all over again. I will load it up later and let you know how it goes .

Thanks for the advice I will post later to find out about tweaks, many thanks for your help
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I am part of the contribution community - I have donated, have you? [/size][/font] :naughty:
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby marcy99 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:50 am

chas521 wrote:Even though you praise my buddy Nabi, I'll help you anyway. First of all, I suggest you get another SD card for the new nav program and contents. I suggest a 4 GB SDHC - I'm pretty sure you can use the SDHC instead of just a SD. But if you can find just a plain SD instead of SDHC it might be so much the better. Next you will need to download an unlock from our library here http://www.navitotal.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?175-GPS-Unlock in order to use the cracked program. I suggest iGO 8.3 for you instead of Primo

I have tried installing the IGO engine you pointed me to, when I try to load it the IGO screen comes up and then it says select language programme English or American then it freezes I can press each language bar and it makes a noise but nothing else happens, please can you help me out ?
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I am part of the contribution community - I have donated, have you? [/size][/font] :naughty:
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby nabi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:36 pm

May I suggest you download my 2Din release? It's in this thread. Just go down to the attachment for the links. It's based on 8.3.2.90500.
For many 90500 is the best iGO ever, It's an older build, yes, but very stable, possibly the most stable iGO ever.
TTS and TMC capable, the only PNA build that can import Outlook contacts. No driver alerts though(8.3.4 build only).
Keep in mind that your device weakness is in its processor. Adding too many features will cause delays in building screens and possibly in giving directions. That is what I meant when I said "don't overload".
Thus I would suggest, start with the naked build, test, add a map, test, and so on, like explained in my (very extended ;) ) tutorial.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby marcy99 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:14 pm

nabi wrote:May I suggest you download my 2Din release? It's in this thread.

Thanks nabi I will give it a go in the .txt document there are many downloads do I have to download each rar ?
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby nabi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:43 pm

No, You need to download (1) the program = 2Din90500v1.rar and (2) the data.zip and branding.zip for your resolution = DB320240.RAR.
Links are alive and "télécharger" means download.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby marcy99 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:40 pm

nabi wrote:No, You need to download (1) the program = 2Din90500v1.rar and (2) the data.zip and branding.zip for your resolution = DB320240.RAR.
Links are alive and "télécharger" means download.

Ok I have the core engine and data.zip installed and everything is now working fine thnk you. Is there anything else I should input such as speed cameras and UK maps?
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby nabi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:14 pm

marcy99 wrote:Ok I have the core engine and data.zip installed and everything is now working fine thnk you. Is there anything else I should input such as speed cameras and UK maps?

Of course the maps you need and further more you must be a little careful. I fear it will be making a choice. Skip the DEM files and buildings files. But then add as you like TTS and/or speedcam files and/or a skin.
I say and/or because I fear the more you add, the more your processor will suffer here. It's a 300Mhz while a 400Mhz is minimal required. But no worries. I know of a minimal install running on a 200Mhz processor. You just have to find out what you most like and what is too much. Possible you can add TTS and a skin and speedcam and will only notice flaws setting up long routes. Or one feature can be too much already. You must explore the limit yourself. Oh, once a map is added, the basemap can be deleted
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby marcy99 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:48 am

I have looked here - http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?4129-iGO8-R3-v8.3-8.4-8.5-Latest-Europe-and-N.America-Maps-**-updated-links-every-day-**for UK map but all files have been deleted?.

Can you point me in to the direction for a working UK map I am hunting but I cannot find one with working links.
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby nabi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:43 pm

We just can't keep up refreshing the dying links. The expected life time of a link is now few hours. (up to 6 max)
Also, the uploaders I know upload the maps by continent, not by country :(.
Be a little patient. New links will be posted soon.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby marcy99 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Ok, will do, I have managed to get the igo primo working on my unit also, can you tell me the difference between igo primo and igo8? which is the better one to have. It looks like this Igo primo has TTS that you mentioned any other benefits nabi ?
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core