Where does primo 2.0 derive it language from   

Where does primo 2.0 derive it language from

Postby archercj » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:09 am

I thought I had solved my long running saga regarding Primo 2.0 not anouncing speed cameras. I get the proper announcement that is worded in SYS.TXTwhich is English but then I get several other annoucemennts in what i assume to be greek.

I will confess to have changed a few files along the way. is there something in the version of DATA.ZIP or other file that I might have copied on that would make it do this.

Other than that is there a parameter that can be changed so that it only announces the text found within the SYS.TXT file and not any additional 'system' messages found elsewhere.
archercj offline

Postby nabi » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:55 am

It appears to me that your voice files have been manipulated wrongly by someone.
When you haven't done so already, I suggest you download the voices from the postings by Yurbuh Tuggly (found here : http://www.navitotal.com/forumdisplay.php?84-Languages-voices-speedcams) and replace the ones you have on your device.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby chas521 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:40 pm

I have a very strong feeling that he downloaded and installed from zervdim. Follow Nabi's advice!
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby archercj » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Cheers for the advice. it is appeciated. I will source some of the other TTS files posted on here and see what happens.

Looking at the files there does seem to be difference to BRANDING.ZIP and GLOBAL_CFG.ZIP. Could anything in these effect it?
archercj offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:45 pm

archercj wrote:Looking at the files there does seem to be difference to BRANDING.ZIP and GLOBAL_CFG.ZIP. Could anything in these effect it?

Probably not, but it's hard to say for sure.
Sometimes a build is over-customized (some might say 'fubared') by someone or some company because of their personal likes/abilities or to run on specific hardware. If you are the recipient of such a build, it is often easier to start over with a more 'plain' but fully functional and unmodified build, and then add or change ONLY what you want. This is many times easier than to try to fix something somebody else has done {incorrectly?} since nobody may know how it got to that state in the first place.
With that in mind, I humbly submit the link in my signature below. Which is a build that IS easily supported, and many here already know:
1) How it works
2) How it is supposed to work, and what to do when changes are desired.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core