What to use in Australia?   

What to use in Australia?

Postby hocksing » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:40 am

Hi Bro Chas, I am not really suggest but wonder where to made request if I got no idea at all what software to use? I am from Malaysia and familiar with Papago is working fine in Malaysia. But recently my relative plan to have a vacation in Australia. So Is there any link where to put enquiry what software is working fine in What Country? I heard that Igo is Good In Europe (Do not know how true). But Australia then What software is good? Thank in advance..
hocksing offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:11 am

Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:21 am

I cannot tell about Papago, but iGO works perfectly in Australia.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby hocksing » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:41 am

Thank you Bro Nabi, I am sure Igo will be great choice, As I had read the article posted by you suggested by Bro Fatboyfun, Though does not mention about Australia, I think this will be my choice, Thank you for the post and reply to reassure me. Cheers...
hocksing offline

Postby hocksing » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:14 am

Can I know which map to use for Igo 8.3 for Australia?
1) Navteq Aus 2010 Q2
2) R3 map for Australia
hocksing offline

Postby nabi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:46 am

For Australia exist 2 mapsets (as far as I know). The Navteq maps and the Sensis maps. I know one is better in the cities, the other one in the country. But at the moment, I am not sure which one. I think Navteq for the city, Sensis for the country.
So when you go there, you better have both.
One of our Australian friends (bazzle? Megaduck? ...) better answer this.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby hocksing » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:16 pm

Thank you Bro for the answer. I will follow your suggestion to download both map just in case. Sorry to ask is that mean the
R3 map for Australia posted in your link :
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?955-REST-OF-THE-WORLD-Maps-buildings-dem-poi-for-iGO-and-MioMap
is Sensis map? Sorry I really do not know anything about Igo..
:scratch_one-s_head_
hocksing offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:50 pm

@hocksing

Do you need help installing iGO8.3? If so, tell us what device you have and if there are any links to pages where we can see your specifications.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby hocksing » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:04 pm

Thank you Bro Chas for the concern, I bought this 5' China GPS fr [Please Register or Login to download file] . It also already come with Igo and Amigo Maps For Malaysia. It run in Windows CE6, 64MB RAM,SIRF V, I just left them aside without delete them. So need not to install. Any how, thank you very much for the concern. If i found it can not be run I will ask for your help. Thanks in advance. My question is it just copy the map I download fr the link I mention and put into the content then map folder? Do i need to delete all the old file inside (Malaysia Map)
hocksing offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:28 pm

hocksing wrote:Thank you Bro Chas for the concern, I bought this 5' China GPS fr [Please Register or Login to download file] . It also already come with Igo and Amigo Maps For Malaysia. It run in Windows CE6, 64MB RAM,SIRF V, I just left them aside without delete them. So need not to install. Any how, thank you very much for the concern. If i found it can not be run I will ask for your help. Thanks in advance. My question is it just copy the map I download fr the link I mention and put into the content then map folder? Do i need to delete all the old file inside (Malaysia Map)

[color="red"]Do NOT delete anything without backing it up first![/color]. I'm not sure if the Australia maps will work with your already installed iGO since it does not have a cracked license folder. However, to answer your question, do not delete the Malaysia map file just add the new one.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bazzle » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:30 pm

The Australian R17 or Q3 mapset are all you need, .
What version of Igo is on the Navi unit now? Go to the menu and then the about button.

We need to know that so we can advise more.

If it is an IGO8.2 up version we can also supply the other files you need to add or replace to the content folder. (DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING)

Bazzle
bazzle offline

User avatar Senior Member

Postby hocksing » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:08 am

Thank you Bro Bazzle, My Version is 9.3.2.91972. I already download the maps, but when load in Igo 8, the program with aotu reload from time to time..:confused:
When I try to load in Amigo, is ok, but when I try to Find Address. Message " Can't find path, maps are isolated. For information, the two program share only one map which I paste into the igo8/content/map. and in he Amigo/content folder only have games folder. I don't know how they did this.
I don't know how to attached the screen shot..
What should I do now?
hocksing offline

Postby nabi » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:41 am

IGO works with the maps but reloads from time to time? It doesn't work at all or it does work? Is there a message?
Problem is we do not know what is your device.
Amigo is a simpler iGO, so when it works you can navigate. Unless you prefer iGO?

The message "maps are isolated" means that Amigo is trying to set up a route from where you are to Australia. Which is impossible by road, because you need a plane or boat to get there. Can you explore Australia in 2D, moving the map around by your finger?
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby hocksing » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:52 am

I bought from here:
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Igo8 can load until the navigation page. But Say about 2-3 minutes using. the program will exit by itself and then reload again without any message (without I retouch the navigation button). Even though I did not touch any thing just left the navigation screen on. The situation will continue (like some one press off n on again n again).
So when Igo8 is not successful running, so I though Amigo (which is simpler) might not have this problem, then only I try on the Amigo.
Actually I got no preference which program to use as long as it can navigate well when I was there.( I just make sure that I can use when I was there).
I had just try to explore Australia by moving the map by finger, it run well. So it means the program running well. Thank you Bro Nabi for the explanation. Now everything is well prepare. Thanks again for all the link and suggestion from everybody. Thank you very much.
hocksing offline

Postby bazzle » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Enjoy your trip :thumbup:

Bazzle
bazzle offline

User avatar Senior Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core