what is the recomended version of iGO   

what is the recomended version of iGO

Postby joker » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Hello, I've been reading a lot in this forum but mainly in the Garmin section as I'm a Garmin user.

I've been using Garmin Mobile XT on my Nokia phone for 4 years and it has been really great, last month I bought a chinese WinCE 5 GPS device with 64 MB Ram, which came with iGO Amigo installed on the microSD card. Since I was not at all familiar with this navigation software, I searched for a way to install Garmin and successfully did so. Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.20 is working great on the device.

But I wanted to try this iGO to see how it compares with Garmin. So I wanted someone to recommend me which version of iGO to install and with what additional stuff. It is preety confusing as there different versions of the program iGO8, Amigo and Primo. Then there are different versions from these programs and as far as I understand in this thread there are some versions with limited functionability in one or another way. By reading comments I understand that Amigo is not recommendable, iGo8 is oldest from the above and least hardware demanding, and Primo is the newest and most hardware demanding. So I thought to give iGo8 a try. So please recommend me what version of iGo8 to download and with what skin to use.

For me the most important thing is how the program guides me, its simplicity and functionality, I do not need fancy stuff.

Cheers.
joker offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:15 pm

joker wrote:Hello, I've been reading a lot in this forum but mainly in the Garmin section as I'm a Garmin user.

I've been using Garmin Mobile XT on my Nokia phone for 4 years and it has been really great, last month I bought a chinese WinCE 5 GPS device with 64 MB Ram, which came with iGO Amigo installed on the microSD card. Since I was not at all familiar with this navigation software, I searched for a way to install Garmin and successfully did so. Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.20 is working great on the device.

But I wanted to try this iGO to see how it compares with Garmin. So I wanted someone to recommend me which version of iGO to install and with what additional stuff. It is preety confusing as there different versions of the program iGO8, Amigo and Primo. Then there are different versions from these programs and as far as I understand in this thread there are some versions with limited functionability in one or another way. By reading comments I understand that Amigo is not recommendable, iGo8 is oldest from the above and least hardware demanding, and Primo is the newest and most hardware demanding. So I thought to give iGo8 a try. So please recommend me what version of iGo8 to download and with what skin to use.

For me the most important thing is how the program guides me, its simplicity and functionality, I do not need fancy stuff.

Cheers.

You can try this iGO8 http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-5-2011
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core