Well I'm back   

Well I'm back

Postby archercj » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Despite the change of car to one that doesn't have built in Sat Nav and hence the loss of head unit that homed Primo 2.0 I have purchased a Wayteq x960BT 5" windscreen mounted (urghhhh) portable unit. Copied over my backup of Primo from the old device, deleted the SAVE folder (after I couldn't get a GPS fix), changed the file path to the EXE file in SYS.TXT and bobs yer uncle Primo sprang into life. Really impressed with the speed of loadup and that it does everything my previous one did.

Only issue I had was getting the TMC module I bought with it to work. But reading through the threads on here finally got that up and running. So for £80 GBP I have a device that in my opinion is far superior to anything Tomtom have (well at least until you spend big bucks).
archercj offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Good job!!!
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ovalball » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Totally agree.I have the same set up and I love it.No more Tom Tom forme.
ovalball offline

Postby mpourdas » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Same unit, same software, NQ maps and dimkawa skin. I could not be more satisfied. Apart from having to mount on the windscreen as you said ...
mpourdas offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby chas521 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:56 pm

mpourdas wrote:Same unit, same software, NQ maps and dimkawa skin. I could not be more satisfied. Apart from having to mount on the windscreen as you said ...

EBAY sells something of a cradle that you connect to the air-conditioning duct. Sorry but I personally don't know how good it is.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby catsmokey » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:25 pm

u may want 2 look at a Tetrax XWAY ~ best thing i've ever bght 4 my sat nav ~ the magnet system works really well & u have no marks on the windscreen & it's easy to get on & off
catsmokey
Primo 1.1 [GJA_Dafunk 2.23 with Truck Scheme] on ViaMichelin X-980T [unlocked by VIMORO] ~[/font][size=85] [size=50]Pro: 416 MHz ~ Mem: 64 MB RAM/ 256 MB ROM ~ OS: WinCE.net[/size] 5[/size][/font]
catsmokey offline

Postby mpourdas » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:41 am

It seems TETRAX is also producing another model, the FIXWAY, that it can be mounted on any flat surface and not necessarily on the air-vent like the XWAY.

Thanks for letting me know, I will check it out more, even though it looks on the expensive side a bit.

Mounting on the windscreen has been very stable for me, and this is not a problem at all. But I have a mono-volume car where typically the windscreen is further from the car-seats than in a "normal" car. So I would have to "lean forward" while driving if I wanted to touch the GPS screen (I just try not to do it, even though sometimes I have been in the need to do so).
mpourdas offline

Postby esko.jukic » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:18 pm

I'm afraid that tool will make problems to GSM signal or GPS signal, dependent where we use it, cause it's based on strong magnets, and magnets can make interference to GSM and GPS signal!
esko.jukic offline

Postby nabi » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Do a search on this website : [Please Register or Login to download file]

For the moment, I have something similar to this:

Works wonderwell when hour device holder fits to it.

Hama may have these too, as may HR Richter.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby catsmokey » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:45 am

Below is a quote from the TETRAX website
"Does the magnetism interfere with my cell phone or GPS system?
First of all the magnet has no direct contact to the cell phone or GPS system, as the steel-clip is mounted to the device. 4 magnets with two opposite poles layout create a close magnetic field circuit so The steel-clip further more shields almost completely the magnetic field and the residual magnetism is lower than a common headphone. To all undertaken tests there was no sign of any interference with the performance of a cell phone, smart-phone or mobile GPS device, caused by the magnetic field of the TETRAX system. The same is true for the usage of MP3-players such as e.g. I-Pods."
i've had no problem with my sat nav.
catsmokey
Primo 1.1 [GJA_Dafunk 2.23 with Truck Scheme] on ViaMichelin X-980T [unlocked by VIMORO] ~[/font][size=85] [size=50]Pro: 416 MHz ~ Mem: 64 MB RAM/ 256 MB ROM ~ OS: WinCE.net[/size] 5[/size][/font]
catsmokey offline

Postby esko.jukic » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Which model of tetrax do you use? What's size of your navigation, 4.3, 5, 7" ? Please if you can take some photo of your installation tetrax with your satnav, i'm interesting to buy this tool, to replace wind mount-holder...

I just were afraid from some interference of magnetic field, even Tetrax wrote there is no problem with interference, i hope it's true, and by your expirience no problems, so that's very good, that people who are afraid, can see your positive expirience, and buy it ;)! Thank you for sharing your expirience!
esko.jukic offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core