volume buttons on mio C310 with PRIMO   

volume buttons on mio C310 with PRIMO

Postby dannyu » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi,

I finally managed to install PRIMO on my mio C310 (thanks for your help) and it now works just fine. :clap:

My question is:
On the C310 there are some buttons on the side for volume, menu and power on/off.
Originally when the unit had the MIOMAP software, all of the buttons were functional, but with the PRIMO
only the power off/on is active.

Does anyone knows if and how this can be fixed?
(It's not the end of the world. for example, it's simply easier to set the volume level this way)

Thank you,
Danny
dannyu offline

Postby nabi » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:30 pm

I am sure you know Primo is not designed for Mio c310 ;-)
Any hardware button is disabled in primo.
The best advice I can give is to put in sys.txt (at the beginning):

[device]
type="mioc310"

When such lines are there (possibly, type="navon" or type="asusR700") delete them.

It wil probably not activate the volume and menu button, but will at least activate some basic system settings. (like backlight and TMC).
And who knows, one of the buttons may be activated?
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby dannyu » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:50 pm

nabi wrote:I am sure you know Primo is not designed for Mio c310 ;-)
Any hardware button is disabled in primo.
The best advice I can give is to put in sys.txt (at the beginning):

[device]
type="mioc310"

When such lines are there (possibly, type="navon" or type="asusR700") delete them.

It wil probably not activate the volume and menu button, but will at least activate some basic system settings. (like backlight and TMC).
And who knows, one of the buttons may be activated?

Thank you, Nabi.

I did that already before posting my question.
Nevertheless, the newer software (like Primo and Amigo) uses the power on/off button, and IGO8 uses the volume buttons very nicely.

I thought maybe it's a matter of a configuration or something easy. I'm sure there are other units which have other/same buttons
that were functioning on the original architecture.

Thanks,
Danny
dannyu offline

Postby xtyler92 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Yeah, for some reason Primo doesn't have that hardware support that igo8 had. Not a really big deal since you can just adjust the volume in Primo, however it was nice to be able to do it using the buttons on the side of the device.

I think perhaps NNG's motto should be:

"We fix one thing and break two others"
xtyler92 offline

Postby upss » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:12 am

xtyler92 wrote:Yeah, for some reason Primo doesn't have that hardware support that igo8 had. Not a really big deal since you can just adjust the volume in Primo, however it was nice to be able to do it using the buttons on the side of the device.

I think perhaps NNG's motto should be:

"We fix one thing and break two others"

I never tried to install Primo on my C310x but I had Amigo running on it perfectly including the hardware volume buttons without doing anything special.

Just to clarify it, the volume buttons do change the volume but of course they do not display the volume scale bar like in the original MioMap. However, if you are in the Amigo menu that displays the volume sliding bar, pressing the volume buttons does move the sliding bar and changes the volume.
upss offline

Postby dannyu » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:03 am

Thank you, upss

I tested it and indeed you're correct. I haven't noticed that before.
This could be an advantage for using Amigo over Primo for me, but I don't know yet as I've just installed both of them last week and
haven't had a real chance to compare.

Thanks,
Danny
dannyu offline

Postby upss » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Are you sure that the volume buttons don't work the same way in Primo? I would be very surprised if it doesn't, the Primo is basically an updated Amigo. Maybe the version you have is missing something. At this point I prefer the Amigo over the Primo anyway. I am waiting for the Primo to mature a little more before I switch to it on my C320. I gave my old C310x to my daughter with the Amigo and she is happy with it.
upss offline

Postby xtyler92 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:31 pm

My volume buttons don't work in Primo on my c310. There could be many reasons for this, one being that we aren't using an actual data.zip and the "skinned" or "patched" data.zips could be causing the problem of the hardware buttons not working. Just a theory. I am sure once an offiial 320x240 version comes out then all will work as should. OK.. not 100% sure, but pretty confident none the less.

I agree... Amigo seems to do the trick on a c310. I personally use igo8 on mine, but do also plan on migrating to Primo once an official version becomes available for 320x240 resolution.

As for Primo being an Amigo update... no that isn't the case. I agree that the map screen looks similar between Primo and Amigo, however that is the only similarity between the two. So to categorize Primo as an Amigo update is misleading and wrong.
xtyler92 offline

Postby upss » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:47 pm

xtyler92 wrote:As for Primo being an Amigo update... no that isn't the case. I agree that the map screen looks similar between Primo and Amigo, however that is the only similarity between the two. So to categorize Primo as an Amigo update is misleading and wrong.

The Hart of any GPS is its navigation engine. Using the same maps on Amigo and Primo you get the same navigation results, at least this is my experience. Everything else on the Primo are just "Bells and Whistles" and most of the important one are available on Amigo with most skins.
upss offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:32 pm

upss wrote:The Hart of any GPS is its navigation engine. Using the same maps on Amigo and Primo you get the same navigation results, at least this is my experience. Everything else on the Primo are just "Bells and Whistles" and most of the important one are available on Amigo with most skins.

Amigo and Primo do NOT navigate the same for me. While Primo will get me to my final destination, it goes in a round-a-bout way that takes more time. Amigo is direct. I've written about this in prior posts. And, yes, I use "fast.":wallbash:
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby upss » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:58 pm

chas521 wrote:Amigo and Primo do NOT navigate the same for me. While Primo will get me to my final destination, it goes in a round-a-bout way that takes more time. Amigo is direct. I've written about this in prior posts. And, yes, I use "fast.":wallbash:

That is interesting, ere you sure you are using identical maps on the Amigo and Primo?
upss offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:22 am

upss wrote:That is interesting, ere you sure you are using identical maps on the Amigo and Primo?

100% identical.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core