TTS voices and different Maps   

TTS voices and different Maps

Postby jimjones666 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:38 am

I was using the Map set Australia NQ 2013.Q2 [130729] and added Australia WhereiS R20.2 Telstra 2013.Q3 [130816], I just added the new files and kept the old ones also.
I noticed that after this my speed camera warnings stopped. I remember reading somewhere on here that TTS only works with Navteq (NQ) maps, I searched the form for info on this but came up short. Is this why the speed cameras stopped working or is it something else?
Does having both sets of files in the folders (ie. map, poi,speedcam) cause any problems or will it will just pick the first on the list and use that, in this case the Navteq is always first sorting by name but WhereiS if sorting by date added. If it's using the WhereiS maps maybe thats my problem.

I would just use trial and error but since iGO has no good emulator and my closest speed camera/light camera is a bit of a distance away it is easier to ask the experts.

What do users from Sydney Australia recommend? I remember reading on here that WhereiS is the best for Sydney but if it dosen't work with TTS then it may be better to stick to the Navteq.
My Device: 7” in car 2 din with WinCE6
Sat. Nav.: iGo-Primo 2.4-9.6.13 Complete Torrent (November 2012)
Skin: ZoZo v.2.4.1 (Silver - Gold 800×480 P2.4)
jimjones666 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core