TTS Problem   

TTS Problem

Postby marcusf329 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Hey guys,

I actually downloaded an iGo 8.3 version posted by chas which supposedly had TTS on it already and I read the thread on the files needed to make TTS worked (which was the engine in the TTS_LOQ folder and the 4 ddl files), but when I navigate, the system is not pronouncing the names of the streets at all. Any suggestions or any advice? It seems like I did everything right but I still cannot get the TTS to work.
marcusf329 offline

Postby baz » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:29 am

Is your device winCE4.3 or WinCE5? There are two different sets of dll files - one set for winCE4 and one set for WinCE5, go to this link

Cheers

Barry
baz offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:20 am

marcusf329 wrote:Hey guys,

I actually downloaded an iGo 8.3 version posted by chas which supposedly had TTS on it already and I read the thread on the files needed to make TTS worked (which was the engine in the TTS_LOQ folder and the 4 ddl files), but when I navigate, the system is not pronouncing the names of the streets at all. Any suggestions or any advice? It seems like I did everything right but I still cannot get the TTS to work.

My program for WinCE 5.0 DOES have English TTS NOT supposedly. Depending upon your WinCE version, go here in the blue box http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?912-TTS-voices-and-components BTW, what is your device name?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby marcusf329 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:04 am

I have the Mio C320, which is what you have, so I thought it should have worked. Are there multiple versions of Mio C320? If so, how do you find your Windows CE version?
marcusf329 offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:34 pm

marcusf329 wrote:I have the Mio C320, which is what you have, so I thought it should have worked. Are there multiple versions of Mio C320? If so, how do you find your Windows CE version?

Yes Marcus, it should have worked "out of the box" as I uploaded it. It's possible that you got a bad download causing that TTS problem. However, before I go into that did you select a TTS voice in settings\regional? After selecting that voice it might take a good 20 seconds to hear the greeting. Also, what did you use to unlock it?

From previous history there was a MIO C320 produced in Israel that didn't want to work well. Don't know why.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby marcusf329 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:38 pm

I got it to work. For some reason the setting for the TTS voice did not save, but now I clicked ok and it worked. Thanks!
marcusf329 offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:57 pm

Sometimes it is the simple things that make it work.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core