Post a reply

TTS Pro in Igo Primo2 on wince6 problems

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Its probably been asked a hundred times before and I have searched but could someone help me work out how to configure TTS Pro to work on the above set-up?

Binatone F430 running fine on Igo Primo2, I have downloaded these " TTS Pro Voices (Nuance) for Primo 2.x - direct download" from the language/voices section extracted them using winrar and shoved them in the /content/voices folder.

I have made no other changes,no extra dll files or changed the sys.txt.

The section with the voice options on my PNA has TTS Pro there but it`s greyed out and not selectable so obviously I`m missing some critical element.

Thanks guys for indulging me :-)

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:56 pm

What language are you looking for?

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:01 pm

Hey Chas, I`ve download the English UK, US, and Aus files, can you only have one then?

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:05 pm

Then this is the Primo program you want. I already did the work for you.
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?12043-iGo-Primo-2-4-9-6-13-Complete-Torrent&p=107368#post107368

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:06 pm

Thanks Chas, I`ve downloaded it and had a look around, not sure what I am looking at but hey :-)

Can I leave the file as Primo2 and not change it to MobileNavigator and just write a new SHELL.ini that points to Primo2? I want to keep my MobileNavigator in my documents.
I assume I just populate it in the correct folders and give it a try now?

Thanks.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:21 pm

Scrub that question I`ve found a way to do it.

I just nicked the TTS folder complete from the download and stuck it in my Primo2 root as there wasn`t any such folder there then nicked the voice_tts rar files and stuck them in voices.
TTS Pro in now enabled but I miss the Aussie female voice so I`m going to look around for the Voice_TTS-nua-eng-aus-f1 or 2 files unless you have one I can download?

Thanks again Chas, it wouldn`t have happened without your help!

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:55 pm

halcyon wrote:
TTS Pro in now enabled but I miss the Aussie female voice so I`m going to look around for the Voice_TTS-nua-eng-aus-f1 or 2 files unless you have one I can download?

Thanks to our good friend ulyssy, here's Australian TTS:

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Press reload or refresh after pressing thanks.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Thats strange, it recognises the three US TTS voices from your original file but nothing else I add including the Aussie files you just posted.
The voices work when you select them but TTS pro isn`t available for selection.

There must be a link between the folder and the US voices I swapped from Primo 2.4 to Primo 2 that is not there for anything else.

At least I`ve got TTS working even if it is only with the US voice donors :-)

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:59 pm

And I`ve found them! In the TTS v5 folder there are files, some dat and some HDR that each correspond to the three US voices Jill,Samatha and Tom.
Not present for any other TTS voices I download so obviously they wont work.

Nevermind. :-)

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:47 pm

I may be getting something so you can have the Australian voice. Keep checking here in this thread.

EDIT: Not sure if this will work but in the Australian voice files in the "info.ini" file add:
tts_engine="nuance_v5". Just as I wrote it. [color="#FF0000"] It look like it's there already in the voice[s].[/color]

You can also try this entry in the sys.txt to see what happens. It won't hurt anything. You can always remove it later.
[sound]
csv_voice_enabled=1

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:37 pm

I did look in there for the HDR, dat and enu files but did`nt see any, I was just going to add them to the TTS....v5 folder.
I`ll try your suggestion tommorrow Thanks again.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:36 pm

Australia TTS is coming. Please be patient. :biggrin:

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Hey Chas, I might have sorted it :-)

The tts_nua_v5 folder has two folders

Mine has common, that has one file....PP.DAT and

enu

The enu folder in tts_nua_v5 is the folder for US tts voices, it holds the dat and hdr files.
Each is specific to a voice. Each voice has five dat files and two hdr files.

I looked in the download I did for the TTS Pro Uk and Aus voices and there is no enu folder but each has a similar folder eng for the UK and ena for Aus, these folders hold the dat and hdr files for the specific voices for Uk and Aus.

enu= US
eng= England
ena= Aus

As long as you have the relevant "en?" folder in tts_nua_v5 , the relevant tts voices in content\voice folder, and the PH file in the content\phoneme folder it seems to work :-)

Put it this way, it works sitting here and the previously greyed out TTS Pro button on the PNA is now active, I`ll test and report properly tomorrow :-)

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:55 pm

australian tts as promised

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

press reload or refresh after pressing thanks.
Post a reply