Post a reply

Tourist Profile new idea for Primo!

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi all,

Primo2 it's very nice improve and also more efficient with less processor consumption, this is great, but I have few points to discuss, as missing to this new version.

1. If I use the Primo2 with Dimka skin, for this skin is not possible to exit from Primo2 because the button for exit does not exist anymore, and if I tap the map as for default skin it should be available that button, but new menu with options will appear down bar.

2. With Primo 1.1 something was not working as normal, I have to test for this new version (2.0) if it's corrected. I'm talking here about POI location and distance. During traveling if you perform POI search and you obtain the list with your POI, beside will be indicated direction for the POI and distance. But even the car is moving this distance is not updated on real-time, it should be updated distance and direction.

3. It will be nice if also for POI as for the streets, somewhere above POI ICON will be the name with what exactly is that POI, name of restaurant, or name of hotel, particular to that POI.

4. This point is very nice improve and important especially dedicated for tourist. I need to set the type of POI, for example museums, and the distance accepted from me. As soon as I'm traveling along the rout and the distance between me and the POI is less than my value set in KM, a popup image should appear for 10 seconds warning me that an interesting castel is close to me, beside direction and distance. After 10 sec. the image disappear and become normal, or if I tap the image it should be added as intermediate point for my trip.
This is a great utility and idea. For future I want to combine this idea with a nice database server for people to help each other in traveling and discovering nice places.

best regards,

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:43 pm

antonio1 wrote:1. If I use the Primo2 with Dimka skin, for this skin is not possible to exit from Primo2 because the button for exit does not exist anymore, and if I tap the map as for default skin it should be available that button, but new menu with options will appear down bar.

You can add an Exit button to the map screen very easily.
Tap the BlueBar button in the lower right corner.
Tap settings (tool cris-cross).
Scroll to and tap Map Settings.
Scroll to and tap Right Menu Settings.
Your current buttons are shown..tap one to change (one that you may not use often)
Scroll to Exit and tap that.
Keep tapping Back until you are back to the Map screen..your Exit button now shows on the right.
Any of the right buttons can be changed to whatever you like from the available choices.
Additionally, you can change the 'slide out' Quick Menu buttons in a similar way (also to add an Exit Button there if you like) by going back to Settings and tap Customize Quick Menu...proceed to change any buttons to whatever you want from the available choices.

Additionally again, if you tap and hold the BlueBar button on the map screen, it takes you back to the startup cockpit where you will also see the default Exit button in the lower left corner.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:03 pm

wow...great, this is very good tutorial for how to configure the menu in Dimka skin. Great solution for point 1.

Anybody has any idea for the other points to find a solution for a better software solution in GPS navigation.

thank you,

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:23 am

Just do a "long" press on the Menu button and the Exit screen comes up.

Bazzle

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:09 pm

Bazzle that point is clarified, it was great to find out that solution.
I'd like to discuss now about POI management during the trip, like name of POI above the icon, and pictures with castel image, or museum image for few seconds as suggestion that you are just passing by, in your trip, close to an important touristic point and it deserve to visit it. Seeing the image for 10 sec. will convince you what you have to visit and not to miss.

This can be developed beside an internet server database where people share what they already visited with impressions, and with just a click you can get that POI with images and comments.

This is the future in using GPS, knowing how close you are by an important touristic point, and to not miss it.

I need to discuss and develop the other points presented by me, 2,3,4.

thank you a lot,
Best regards,

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:10 am

Maybe you need to get together with this member?
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?8273-How-to-build-branded-POI-Icons-for-Primo!

Bazzle
Post a reply