Post a reply

Too many types of Igo What to use? whats the difference? Wik

Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:50 pm

So i started my research on Igo for a friend who has it 2 years ago on his windows Ce device, he has no knowledge and is stewpid on PC

I never used the device or the software , i have used garmin gps . So i know these things could be updated

Anyway after 2-3 days of research i stopped cause i didnt know what igo he had, and there are so many different versions, wiki doesnt state which is the latest version or best..

(2013 ) 3 days back my eonon New device reached, Its windows Ce 6 Sirf V atlas

My first choice is to go for garmin, and i have now 3 folders on my pc, with links and data i can download
GARMIN SYGIC IGO (i am seeing a patern for someone here going totally against trying to use garmin as its very unpredictable. But garmin is hugable cant leave it:D )

(FROM THIS SOURCE ) i have got quite some files on GARMIN, just 1 SYgic software not sure how old it is. and on Igo i am stuck as i dont even know what version to focus on.
Also i will be posting the middle east igo map as deadlink in the report deadlink section.(just did here but better keep it clean)

After spending few hours, i am begining to understand how this forum works, and i no longer feel anxious searching for stuffs here. i think you guys have mainted it really superb. thers just 2 sites in google for any TRUE AND PURE info related on gps. glad i found the right one. Thank you guys.

Btw my question was, What igo to go with? i want a full featured igo. (if i chose to use igo)

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:32 am

The last couple of years, there are just 2 versions around. Primo, which is the most recent, and iGO8.3.5.
I can't say iGO8 is outdated, it isn't really, but it is in a way. It's a bit simpler than Primo and skins offer more possibilities.
Primo is newer, has more features, looks nicer, and can be "extended" as well using skins. Only issue here is that Primo does come in some varieties (I mean builds), of which 2.4 (in fact 2.1) is the most recent. If I were you, when choosing Primo as my gps, I would stick to Primo 2.0. P2.4 is not fully developed yet and offers no real differences above 2.0. Yet it must be different because skins are not interchangeable.

Skins do make things easier. Some features that need skins to be activated in iGO are activated in naked Primo. Well; it's a matter of "taste". But skinning is a plus compared to non skinnable nav programs.

For the rest, almost everything (maps, POI, ...) is interchangeable between 8.3, 2.0 and 2.4, restriction for voices (not all voices are interchangeable) and compiled speedcams (codes for redlight cams, speed cams, etc may vary). Not compiled cams are in .txt format and can be compiled in 8.3 or 2.0/2.4.

A list of versions : http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?913-List-of-iGO-8-Amigo-and-Primo-%28Windows-CE-Based%29-releases
Post a reply