Speedcams showing wrong speed in Primo2   

Speedcams showing wrong speed in Primo2

Postby catsmokey » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:28 am

hi

I'm using YT's Primo2. when approaching a 60mph speedcam the speed shows as 58mph & at a 30mph speedcam it shows 28mph.

This happens both with & without a skin[GJAK] but the road speed is shown correctly at 60mph or 30mph.
I'm using a 320x240 device so i'm not sure if it is maybe the programme file or datazip.

thank you catsmokey
Primo 1.1 [GJA_Dafunk 2.23 with Truck Scheme] on ViaMichelin X-980T [unlocked by VIMORO] ~[/font][size=85] [size=50]Pro: 416 MHz ~ Mem: 64 MB RAM/ 256 MB ROM ~ OS: WinCE.net[/size] 5[/size][/font]
catsmokey offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:49 am

It's not just you, I have the same problem, Not had time to look into it yet...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby archercj » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:58 am

Think it has been acknowlegded as an issue.

By the way when you go over the speed limit (tut tut) the icon displays the speed in MPH but the speed underneath that is in KPH (not sure what the percentage calculation is based on though)
archercj offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:25 am

archercj wrote:By the way when you go [color="#FF0000"]over the speed limit (tut tut) the icon displays the speed in MPH [/color]but the speed underneath that is in KPH

[color="#FF0000"]???[/color]
All my speed limit displays are in KPH (overspeed and not)..MPH does not display anywhere. Which is how it should be for my area.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby catsmokey » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:05 pm

i'll still "play" with primo2 but keep my[chas' really] Primo 1.1, which i find works best on my device, after many "plays" with Primo 1.2 also, i find 1.1 with a gjak skin ticks all my boxes.
Primo 1.1 [GJA_Dafunk 2.23 with Truck Scheme] on ViaMichelin X-980T [unlocked by VIMORO] ~[/font][size=85] [size=50]Pro: 416 MHz ~ Mem: 64 MB RAM/ 256 MB ROM ~ OS: WinCE.net[/size] 5[/size][/font]
catsmokey offline

Postby archercj » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:44 am

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:[color="#FF0000"]???[/color]
All my speed limit displays are in KPH (overspeed and not)..MPH does not display anywhere. Which is how it should be for my area.

Appreciate that YT but the red circular speed icon that is displayed when you go over the limit shows the speed in MPH.
archercj offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:12 am

Which resolution and/or skin are you using?
---I'm looking for some commonality here, so I can see if I can find and isolate the issue.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby archercj » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:35 am

I'm on 800x480. I think i am on dimka 151 as well although I do change it a lot. If it's not that it will gjak 1.0

[color="#FF0000"]Mod: If GjAk 1.0, could you please try it with 1.04 :link:, and see if it stays the same?[/color]
archercj offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:02 am

archercj wrote:I think i am on dimka 151 as well although I do change it a lot. If it's not that it will gjak 1.0

Does it behave the same with both skins? How about with no skins at all...are all the speed displays correct then?
Are you using Navteq or Teleatlas (TomTom) maps?
These are important questions for tracking down the cause of the issue.
And I have none of these issues which rules out 480x272 with or without skin, so it must be 800x480 either by itself or in combination with one or both skins, and possibly mapset.

[color="#FF0000"]If anybody else, who also has incorrect MPH/KPH issues with Primo2, can post here the details of their system as above, I would appreciate it.[/color]
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:35 am

General speedcam speed display correction:

Primo 2 apparently uses a more '360 degree' view when it comes to speedcam alerts.
For example, driving down a road with no speedcam, you approach an intersection of a road that does have a speedcam, Primo will alert you "Speedcam ahead in 700 meters" or such, and display the speedcam icon. Good. However, if the road you are ON is 70 KPH, but the road with the speedcam is 50 KPH, the alert will incorrectly be for 70 KPH.
This is easily correctable.
Copy data.zip from your device or SD Card to your PC. Using Winrar, open (but do not extract) your data.zip file. Within Winrar, click the project_config folder, and then the igo9.ini file...if asked how to open it, choose notepad or some other PLAIN TEXT editor..do not use wordpad or any other word processor. In Notepad, scroll down about half way until you get to the speedcam sections:

; S P E E D C A M - C A T : 1
[speedcam_category:1]

In each section (they number up to 31, but not all are for speedcams (some are other alerts)..you can skip the ones that are not true speedcams), look for the line "use_road_speedlimit=". If there is a number 1 after the equal sign, change it to 0 (zero). Repeat for all speedcam sections, then save the file in notepad. Winrar will ask if you want to update the archive. Choose yes. Close notepad, close winrar, replace your data.zip on your device or SD Card with the one you just edited[color="#FF0000"]**[/color]. Primo will now use the data in your speedcam database for the speed of the alert, rather than the road you happen to be on. This depends, of course, on accurate data in your speedcam file, but is likely to be much more accurate than the road speed in many situations.

[color="#FF0000"]**[/color]For safety (in case you edited data.zip incorrectly) you can rename your existing data.zip to data.ziporiginal--if Primo fails to load or gives errors, delete your edited data.zip, and rename the original back to "data.zip".
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby catsmokey » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 am

re post 9 ~ i have the problem with 2011,6 TA[TT] maps both with gjak 1.04 & without a skin on a 320x240 device with 64mb. afaik, & have read, the "wrong speed mph" showing in the speedcam icon seems to occur with other maps, resolutions & skins also.
re post 10 ~ the issue you raise there, i believe. used to also be a problem for me when i played with P1.2 but seems ok with P1.1 ~ i don't know if doing as you describe will help with the P2 "wrong speed mph" icon problem but i will give it a try next time i'm out in my car.
catsmokey
catsmokey offline

Postby archercj » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:12 am

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:Does it behave the same with both skins? How about with no skins at all...are all the speed displays correct then?
Are you using Navteq or Teleatlas (TomTom) maps?
These are important questions for tracking down the cause of the issue.
And I have none of these issues which rules out 480x272 with or without skin, so it must be 800x480 either by itself or in combination with one or both skins, and possibly mapset.

[color="#FF0000"]If anybody else, who also has incorrect MPH/KPH issues with Primo2, can post here the details of their system as above, I would appreciate it.[/color]

I'l give it a try YT over the next couple of days and let you know.

As for map set I was using the TomTom but following a reply in another thread I have just today deleted this and started to use Navteq so I will let you know what happens.
archercj offline

Postby huggy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi All,

Done as Yurbuh Tuggly suggested. Drove past a number of speed cameras today and it works. Thanks YT
I have primo 2 on a wince 6 128ram no name satnav and using GJAK v1.04 skin also navteq 2011 Q3 UK map
huggy offline

Postby archercj » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:38 am

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:General speedcam speed display correction:

Copy data.zip from your device or SD Card to your PC. Using Winrar, open (but do not extract) your data.zip file. Within Winrar, click the project_config folder, and then the igo9.ini file...if asked how to open it, choose notepad or some other PLAIN TEXT editor..do not use wordpad or any other word processor. In Notepad, scroll down about half way until you get to the speedcam sections:

; S P E E D C A M - C A T : 1
[speedcam_category:1]

In each section (they number up to 31, but not all are for speedcams (some are other alerts)..you can skip the ones that are not true speedcams), look for the line "use_road_speedlimit=". If there is a number 1 after the equal sign, change it to 0 (zero). Repeat for all speedcam sections, then save the file in notepad. Winrar will ask if you want to update the archive. Choose yes. Close notepad, close winrar, replace your data.zip on your device or SD Card with the one you just edited[color="#FF0000"]**[/color].

YT - when I run this mode excercise I get an error when loading primo telling me something about my screen resolution of 800x480 canot be found 9or something like that)
archercj offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 am

archercj wrote:this mode excercise I get an error when loading primo telling me something about my screen resolution of 800x480

That means you somehow corrupted the data.zip. Did you use Winrar and follow the steps exactly?
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core