Speedcam Categories   

Speedcam Categories

Postby exflyboy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 am

First of all thanks to YT for posting a Speedcam Cat list, I am using Zervdims Primo 2 International with associated sys.txt and have noticed that there are differences within the categories, for instance, in Zervdim's there is a Cat 0 (speed camera) which is Cat2 in YT's and Cat 0 does not exist. Also traffic light camera warnings are different, Zervdim 2 and YT 4. There are also other slight differences in the way spoken overspeed warnings are set out. I am experimenting between both categories and suspect that YT's list is correct. In an ideal world what I would like to end up with is a correct category list, spoken warning of an approaching camera, no bells or whistles, just a spoken warning if I am overspeeding on the approach. I don't want to activate the general program overspeed warning as I find this tedious at times. Thanks guys, your help has always been appreciated.
exflyboy offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:18 am

exflyboy wrote:YT's list is correct

That is correct. "Mine" is as it comes standard within Primo and is unmodified or {wrongly} changed.
exflyboy wrote:associated sys.txt

Just about nothing in that particular sys.txt is necessary or correct.

Basically, you are running a highly modified version of Primo2, and therefore very few people may be able to advise you on how to {re}make it to 'normal' and expected operation. Too much within it has been customized to somebody elses' whims or desires.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby hogan7777 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:05 am

I also downloaded Zervdims Primo 2 International but it was so customized that i decided to try Yurbuh Tuggly s primo2 and with just a few minor adjustments find it to be the bees knees,:clapping_mini:
TomTom Go 530, Europe_truck_930_5618
9.702 Navcore.Height.

IGO Primo 2 Truck,Europe
hogan7777 offline

User avatar Senior Member

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:58 am

With programs that can tend to be as complex and tightly woven such as Primo2, I prefer to deliver the Plain Vanilla version--just as NNG intended it to be--for those that would rather have the Stock appearance and operation. I don't force anybody to accept whatever my (or anybody's) personal preferences may be. From there, you can choose to customize how you like with modifications that I and others may recommend. But at least the basic operation is how it should be, supportable by people here, and everything is reversible back to default, if desired.
The same with TTS Pro Voices....once somebody starts mucking around inside them with personal modifications (or bad translations in some cases), vocal warnings and alerts could start to behave badly, unexpectedly, and hard to cure.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby exflyboy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:29 am

As always, sound advice from YT. I am now also using the generic Primo2 (from YT), created a new sys.txt using the excellent utility and coupled with the correct speedcam category list is now doing exactly what I wanted it to do, that is just voice warnings with no bells or whistles. I do though miss the pretty speedcam icons, some experimenting with data, branding zips is called for I think.
exflyboy offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:58 am

Very glad to hear the program works as you wanted!

exflyboy wrote:created a new sys.txt using the excellent utility

Be careful with that, though. If it's the utility I am thinking of, it really is not 'optimized' for Primo2, and may 'suggest' things you no longer need.
For example, here is the sys.txt that is required by Primo2 for most devices and to have everything working:
[SPOILER=See required sys.txt]. [/spoiler]

That's right....nothing at all.
And here is mine from my device with everything working because I am more fussy about things:

Code: Select all
[debug]
skip_eula=1
experimental_features=1

[interface]
show_exit=1
extra_settings=1

[other]
demo_enabled=0

[vr]
disabled=0

Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby victor42 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:11 pm

i've got to agree YT's build of primo2 is fantastic,ready to use,works perfectly.like the old saying,if it ain't broke why try to fix it.big thanks to you YT.
victor42 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Return to General Discussions about iGO core