Speed Limit Audio   

Speed Limit Audio

Postby exflyboy » Fri May 11, 2012 6:50 pm

Today has been the first real test of running Primo 2. I went on a 200 mile round trip and I must say that Primo 2 acted faultlessly, I particularly enjoyed the terrain feature
plus a whole lot more features that Igo 8 does not posess. Really boring I suppose not to have any problems which got me thinking was there anything else that I would like to
see as an improvment that maybe was possible to do and I thought wouldn't it be nice if when the spoken speed camera warning activated we could add the speed limit as
well, for instance 'Caution, speed camera ahead, speed limit xxmph' Would this be possible by say adding to warnings section of sys.txt or would it be more complicated than
that, or is it impossible. Perhaps you more knowledgeable people might know how to do this. Thanks.

PS. Sorry, forgot to mention that I am using the PocketGPS speed cam database consolidated by type
exflyboy offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Fri May 11, 2012 7:15 pm

exflyboy wrote:Caution, speed camera ahead, speed limit xxmph

With a proper Nuance TTS-Pro voice including a properly configured dictionary.voice file such as described here:
:link:
...that is exactly what you can get.
Sys.txt is not involved. In fact, an overly populated sys.txt can have a negative impact on what the program is already designed to do.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri May 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Consolidated by type? Do you get the camera speed limit displayed on screen?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby exflyboy » Fri May 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:Consolidated by type? Do you get the camera speed limit displayed on screen?

Yes, dispayed on screen as the files are speed zoned
exflyboy offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri May 11, 2012 9:39 pm

Follow YT's instructions and it will do exactly what you want.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby exflyboy » Sat May 12, 2012 8:40 am

Well I've followed YT's instructions and replaced the content of the dictionary file. Voice checks out on test 'I'm Serena, please drive carefully'. There are a couple of more questions I'd like to ask, is the speed limit already edited in this file to say 'Caution, speed camera ahead, speed limit xxmph' or do I have to edit this in, if so which line would I have to edit? Also I have noticed that this file is for various skins, I use the default Primo 2 skin. Alternate Cockpit 2, would this work for this skin? Thanks again guys, you really have been so helpful.
exflyboy offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat May 12, 2012 8:53 am

exflyboy wrote:is the speed limit already edited in this file

If you successfully updated your dictionary.voice file (Good job!), there should be no more editing required.
Proper Nuance TTS-Pro voices work with all skins, or no skins, but the diMka skin is preferred as it has particular TTS-Pro options that do not appear in the standard default skin nor in many (any?) other 3rd party skins.
If you now get what you want, you can then leave it alone. If not, or if you want more options, try the diMka skin available here:

Oh and PS: For testing, voice and visual alerts for speed limits and/or cameras do not work in simulation...only 'live' on the road with a satellite lock (just in case you were wondering if you try a simulation and hear\see no alerts).
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby exflyboy » Sat May 12, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks again YT, real test tomorrow with a 250 mile round trip, will report back.
exflyboy offline

Postby exflyboy » Mon May 14, 2012 4:54 am

I gave the new edited voice file a try yesterday and sadly the part that I wanted to work didn't, Serena did not add the speed limit to the camera warnings, I used both the generic Primo 2 and the Zervdim version, both acting the same. I did like some of the other features though, I was wondering if there is a Nuance 'Kate' file anywhere, I presume that the dictionary file could be edited the same way as I would like to edit the voice to say 'motorway' instead of 'highway'. Kamoteka kindly provided me a ready made file but this was a Loquendo file. Forgot to mention that I am running both Nuance and Loquendo in the same program but I don't think it would make any difference. I'm still very pleased with my setup thanks to you guys, it was just a case of 'wanting my cake and eating it'
exflyboy offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon May 14, 2012 5:35 am

exflyboy wrote:Serena did not add the speed limit to the camera warnings,

Then probably, there is something 'wrong' with the TTS Voice at a more basic level*. Where did you get the voice(s) from?
*OR, adding the diMka skin may provide the options needed

exflyboy wrote:I was wondering if there is a Nuance 'Kate' file anywhere,

All the proper Nuance TTS-Pro voices are available here:
And all the English ones are all correctly edited, setup, and ready to go.

exflyboy wrote:Forgot to mention that I am running both Nuance and Loquendo

Technically, nothing wrong with that, but not recommended. Primo2 was designed from the ground up to use Nuance voices exclusively. Using other (such as Loquendo which would have to be modified by somebody to work at all), may have big (and difficult to fix depending on who did the necessary modifications) differences in resulting speech.
If you do, and use, everything the right way, you CAN have your cake and eat it too!:yahoo:
(Such as the real, un-mucked with Primo 2, the real proper Nuance TTS-Pro voices, and the diMka skin for Primo2).
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby exflyboy » Mon May 14, 2012 6:14 am

Hi again YT, thanks for your continuing help. I had already downloaded the posted link for the voices, in fact that's where I got Serena's voice from which I edited. You say that these voices are already edited, so I compared the dictionary files from both voices and they are completely different, one is my edited one which I copied and pasted from your instructions and has progressive listing and the original downloaded file has a full notepad window, don't know if you get it!! Anyway, I'll try using the original file and temporarily remove Loquendo from the program and see how it goes, by the way, the only two GB voices in the download are Serena and Daniel, no problem though and thanks again.
exflyboy offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon May 14, 2012 7:24 am

exflyboy wrote:they are completely different,

exflyboy wrote:progressive listing and the original downloaded file has a full notepad window

???
No, I don't know what you mean.
The only difference in the original download voice dictionary.voice, and the one posted in the 'how to fix' page (as explained there, the diMka skin continues to evolve and any new additions are included there rather than uploading all new voices for a few lines of text), is this...added after the line
Only for active signs="Only for active signs"

Code: Select all
You can increase speed.="You can go faster now. Up to,"
Limit% s="% s"
Quick~Home="Home"
Quick~Work="Work"
Quick~Third favourite="Third Favorite"
Quick~Fourth favourite="Fourth Favorite"
Fixed station="Fixed station"
After %s = "A %s"
Possible alternative route = "possible alternative route"
more shortly on %s = "shorter on %s"
more long on %s = "longer on %s"

None of which has any bearing on the speed limit announcements except for the vocal announcement of increasing the speed if the limit changes up.

Oh, and PS:
exflyboy wrote:the only two GB voices in the download are Serena and Daniel

That is correct. From Primo 1.2 on, those were the only official Nuance TTS UK voices. Any others that you may find/see would have been put together or modified from older versions by somebody else.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby exflyboy » Mon May 14, 2012 10:34 am

OK, I'm obviously going wrong somewhere down the line, time to recheck everything and experiment a few things Thanks again.
exflyboy offline

Postby alipark » Mon May 14, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello I have stooped the voices TTS http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6958-Complete-Nuance-Primo-1.2-and-2.0-TTS-Pro-dictionary.voice-file-for-Driver-Alerts and changed the language but I think that her to start the PNA indicates me failure of application, which is the mistake
alipark offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon May 14, 2012 1:02 pm

alipark wrote:which is the mistake

Chances are that the {voice}.zip was not edited correctly as the instructions say. You must take care not to unzip the voice file, but edit it only within WinRar or similar. Otherwise it will be corrupt and not usable and you will get errors.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core