Speed Display Lag.   

Speed Display Lag.

Postby jessecj » Wed May 11, 2011 8:07 am

I really like this new Primo 1.2. Much faster, no lag in map display at all, more reliable, and the GPS point is very very accurate on the map compared to the last version, the little blue dot is not next to the road, but right on it exactly where i am all the time.

There is only one small issue i have now, the speed you are doing displayed on one of the 3 panels bottom right of the screen, lags alot, it jumps up through the speed up and down, and takes a little while to display the actual speed i'm doing till i am doing a steady speed for about 20 seconds, which is no good for going round streets where i am constanly slowing down and speeding up.

My question is, is there a setting somewhere, maybe in sys.txt, that can change this as so the speedo is updating/refreshing more frequently.

Thanks in advance.
Jesse
jessecj offline

Postby nabi » Wed May 11, 2011 2:18 pm

I am guessing it's a hardware matter, or at least the combination hard/software or how fast the data (speed) is passed on.
Do I have this right that in previous versions (Primo 1.1? IGO?) this did not happen? Then the way the data are 'compiled' must be changed in v1.2.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed May 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Has to be some device-specific software/hardware or calibration/priority issue. I don't get this in 1.2, nor did I in any previous iGO versions.
Since the maps updates seem to be smooth and accurate, I don't think there is anything that can be added to sys.txt that will speed up the refresh of speed info specifically.
Don't know if anything would change, but maybe try a different skin? diMka or GJA for Primo 1.2?
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed May 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Some device GPS drivers cache GPS data and only pass new location information in blocks, depending on how the navigation application reads this data may result in the incorrect or erratic speed displayed, and sometimes the displayed location slow to respond to movement. On Windows Mobile you can play with the GPS intermediate driver registry entries to adjust the cache, (Usually set to 0 = no cache) As WinCE uses 3rd party drivers you're likely not to be able to change it.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core