sound issue with iGo primo   

sound issue with iGo primo

Postby guytdt » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:49 pm

Anyone experiences problem when playing music and it keeps pausing when primo is on?

Primo doesn't have to be in nav mode and music could be anything (FM, CD or iPOd). It pauses about 1-2 seconds for every 2-4 minutes. In nav mode, even if I mute the guidance, it still happens.

This is similar to the unit when it mutes or softens the music when it announces the guidance.

Don't experience this with iGo 8.3 or Amigo, just primo and my unit is chinese GPS 800x480.
guytdt offline

Postby guytdt » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Anyone ???
guytdt offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:36 pm

guytdt wrote:Anyone experiences problem when playing music and it keeps pausing when primo is on?

Primo doesn't have to be in nav mode and music could be anything (FM, CD or iPOd). It pauses about 1-2 seconds for every 2-4 minutes. In nav mode, even if I mute the guidance, it still happens.

This is similar to the unit when it mutes or softens the music when it announces the guidance.

Don't experience this with iGo 8.3 or Amigo, just primo and my unit is chinese GPS 800x480.

guytdt wrote:Anyone ???

Can someone help with this question?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby VFR800VTEC » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:37 pm

guytdt wrote:Anyone experiences problem when playing music and it keeps pausing when primo is on?

Does it only do this while you are moving, or also when you are sitting still? It seems like it is muting the music for an alert, but the alert is too low to be heard. I believe you will still get alerts when not navigating. Install the Gurjon skin and mute all alerts, see if that helps.
VFR800VTEC offline

Postby xtyler92 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:11 pm

Hmm... do you have traffic cams? I ask because some people have reported similar behavior even when the alert of traffic cams was muted. I think they are still working out the bugs with the music player in primo, hopefully in future releases these issues will be taken care of. I can say from my own experience that using the music player with Primo and then using Primo while navigating at the same time ends up being a mess. I get burps and stutters all over the place on my Mio c320 when doing this. It's like primo cannot decide whether to mute the music when giving instructions or something. I haven't tried this yet with the latest primo, maybe it will fix the problem. I never really use the MP3 player with the navigation software at the same time, so in a sense it doesn't matter as much to me, however I have tested it out and all i can say is that the music player seems to have some bugs.
xtyler92 offline

Postby VFR800VTEC » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:24 pm

I've used the music player with Primo while navigating, two separate trips three hours each, no problems at all. Navigation and music work perfectly and music volume fades in and out during voice instructions. Primo version 8.5.9.142948 on a Clarion EZD580 PNA.
VFR800VTEC offline

Postby xtyler92 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:41 pm

On my Mio the changing from music to TTS is abrupt and not smooth at all. I seem to be missing the "fade" and this causes my external speaker to "crackle" at times making my actually miss the beginning of the TTS instruction. I am thinking maybe it would be smoother without my external speaker.... however being my wife is seemingly deaf I need my external speaker to hear the voice directions while she has the car stereo blasting. So no win for xtyler. It's all good anyways since as I said, I never use the MP3 player on the gps for anything. I have dedicated my h610 as a fill time MP3 player though and just plug it into the car AUX jack. If I could just get Primo running on that then all would be gravy. Especially since I tend to use it when parking in large cities and walking. It's a great little device to remind me where I parked and it's small size makes it simple to just pop it in my wifes purse. It's a shame there aren't more of those tiny GPS units being made. They are a lot more practical than some of the huge GPS units being sold today.
xtyler92 offline

Postby VFR800VTEC » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:14 pm

xtyler92, are you using Nuance or Loquendo?
VFR800VTEC offline

Postby xtyler92 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:01 pm

VFR800VTEC wrote:xtyler92, are you using Nuance or Loquendo?

Loquendo.... I started with Nuance, but only for a day. I didn't care much for it and think the Loquendo voices sound better. When I tested the MP3 Player it was when using the Loquendo voices.
xtyler92 offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:09 pm

xtyler92 wrote:Loquendo.... I started with Nuance, but only for a day. I didn't care much for it and think the Loquendo voices sound better. When I tested the MP3 Player it was when using the Loquendo voices.

FYI, Xtyler is using my TTS_LOQ modified folder.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby VFR800VTEC » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:09 pm

I use Nuance, I think it sounds better and makes less mistakes, and it works with the MP3 player. So here's a perfect example of something I brought up in another thread. Most problems with Primo are caused by people making changes to the program.
VFR800VTEC offline

Postby Ton » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:52 am

I try to get tts nuance working with primo 1.1 but unfortunately I have not been able to find Dutch voices for tts_nua_v5.
I do have a dutch female voice (v_tts_nu_dut_nl_f4_laura.zip) but that doesn' t wordt with the tts_nua_v5.
I think it is because in the info.ini file it reads voicekey="tts_nuance_3".
Is there a way to work around this by either using the files that come with tts_nua_v3 (which I don't have !) or by editing the female voice file that works with tts_nua_v3 ?
Suggestions are appreciated !
Ton offline

Postby nabi » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:24 am

Suggestions appreciated?

one:

Maybe it's a good idea to d/l an other nuance voice (whatever, but a primo one) and explore its contents to compare.

two:

Back up first!

Then play with that one line (voicekey="tts_nuance_3").
Delete it - try - copy back the line and change it to voicekey="tts_nuance_1" - try - then 2, 4 and so on.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby chas521 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:48 pm

Ton wrote:I try to get tts nuance working with primo 1.1 but unfortunately I have not been able to find Dutch voices for tts_nua_v5.
I do have a dutch female voice (v_tts_nu_dut_nl_f4_laura.zip) but that doesn' t wordt with the tts_nua_v5.
I think it is because in the info.ini file it reads voicekey="tts_nuance_3".
Is there a way to work around this by either using the files that come with tts_nua_v3 (which I don't have !) or by editing the female voice file that works with tts_nua_v3 ?
Suggestions are appreciated !

Or you could try this. If you have the TTS engine for the Dutch voice as well as the voice itself, you can do this:

To use Loquendo TTS voices in Primo 1.1 you must do this to all the TTS voices:

You must add in the voice file :
tts_engine="loquendo" in "info.ini" file

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Ton » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:50 am

Unfortunately both suggestions did not work ...
Ton offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core