Sound Goes   

Sound Goes

Postby fincaman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:55 am

Hello all, I am posting this thread more for interest as I have cured my problem.I obtained Primo 2 from another source and it was fine but showed the BMW logo when it loaded so I downloaded the latest version from this forum along with the maps etc. The problem I had was the sound (voice beeps clicks) kept going and I would have to switch off my ignition and back on again, after reebooting all was well but the sound would go again at all times my media player worked. I put some text that was recommended in another post in the sys file but there was no change. After much trying this that and the other I decided to go back to the original which worked fine and by this time I had learned how to change the logo in the branding file so I made up a welcome screen with the Ford logo on it in photoshop saved it as a bmp file and changed it for the BMW one. I would still like to know what caused the problem because things like that bug me.
Latest product number 9.6.5.211211 the one that loses sound, the one that works is 9.6.2.209584
fincaman offline

Postby nabi » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:00 am

I am not aware of any real solution for this problem. Unless to consult my list of releases (http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?913-List-of-iGO-8-Amigo-and-Primo-(Windows-CE-Based)-releases) and download only the known "genuine" releases. And when 209584 does work as you like, stick to it.

Maybe I gave you the reason before. I don't remember but I do think I did, since lately I wrote a few times the same thing and I certainly did it more than once:

Recently Primo builds do not bring any new things or features. NavNGo (the maker) seems to focus on Android and iPhone releases, and recent Windows CE builds are mainly adaptions to particular devices. Just consult my list to see. Thus when you know and realize that GPS manufacturers make changes to Windows CE and devices have specific hardware on board (e.g. the Mio Moovs where TMC is a problem to make work on other than Mio software or an hardware back Button like Becker devices or ...) you may understand better the issue.

When one device having a certain hardware or system driver on board, and the Windows CE and Primo is build around that device or driver somehow, that Primo may work 100% or not 100% on another device not having that exact same driver/hardware combination.
This can be your case because things works on 209584 (released on GoCruise Australia) and not on 211211.

About that 211211 is something weird.
All iGO/Primo builds have a number like 9.6.5.211211. Where 9.6.5 refers to Primo2 (Primo2.1 in fact) the 211211 is a sequence number and sequences are time related. You see that in my list too.
9.6.2.209584 is released on October 12, 2011 while 211211 carries the date December 7, 2011. Only for 211211 I do not know what device is related to it (what device it is released on) but the official release 214202 (Airis W4) is dated November 7, 2011. Thus before 211211 ?! What about the continuing time sequence?
And at the same time as 211211 was released, two other builds circulated around. 310512 and 310560, dated 31 May 2012, what at that time was the future.

This proves that non official "non cracked" - or should I say questionable ?? what about security ? viruses ? "damageware" ? - builds are released. Well no problem so far. They work and they work well (except for your issue on 211211). But will newer releases?

I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby fincaman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:11 am

Hello Again, well what a full reply there are a couple of differences with 209584 you can't change the skin and it doesn't continually go boing before anouncements both of which don't bother me. Do you think that all chinese aftermarket units will go Android ?
fincaman offline

Postby nabi » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:28 am

Go Android? No, but Android will certainly be more important. Windows (on GPS devices as well as on Mobile Phones) will exist alongside Android and they will fight for dominance. Who will win? I mislaid my glass bowl somewhere., sorry. But Mobile Phones may replace lots of handheld GPS devices. And with them, Android will have more market share.
What Operating Sysytem will be used in new in-car devices, for now it's still Windows, but who knows?
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about iGO core