No sound after update on Clarion 1-Din Wince Carradio   

No sound after update on Clarion 1-Din Wince Carradio

Postby modmybox » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:25 am

Hi,

I have a clarion nz502e carradio with bluetooth and dvd, mp3 etc 7 inch touchscreen.

now i want to update the maps, and i get the red incorrect licence error, and the new maps isnt working.
I googled and found out i need to crack the exe file and or set the correct licence file?

i tried updating to igo Primo_9.6.13.267029 and now the maps work, but TMC through radio is now TCm through internet (radio doenst have internet)
and TTS voice isnt working anymore.

i tried adding config files (config\devices\clarion_nz502e.ini)in the data.zip but then i get resolution errors or no difference with the sound.

the carrradio came original with 9.6.5.263885 and a lot of TTS.dll files in the root

sys.txt says :
[device]
type=CLARION_NZ502E

[folders]
data="/BACKUP/save"

what to do to get updated maps, a new igo isnt really neccesary.
do i only need correct license files ?

thnx!
modmybox offline

Postby nabi » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:32 am

9.6.5.263885? That must be a very new Primo. At the build number, must be dated last October. I wonder why you want to update a 3 months old program? And the maps Clarion (or the car dealer) delivers are old? Strange.

You can of course install (that is a copy/paste operation) a cured Primo.exe plus the cured licenses to get your system operational. But why would you? I think you better turn to Clarion or your car dealer for information. It can't just be that newer maps (really?) give a license error right away. You did not get the newer (?) maps the official way, I presume. Normally at least one free map update is included the price of the GPS, sometimes a life (of the device) long update is possible.

Would Clarion then wants you only to update the maps by purchasing a map(set) plus new license each time? Hmmm.

Or unless you downloaded a map or mapset that isn't covered by the license, meaning the license is either restricted to a mapmaker (TomTom/TeleAtlas) and you downloaded an other manufacturers (Navteq) maps or your license is local and you have the whole continent. I can't say what the license permits.

A tip: 9.6.13 (Primo 2.4) is very new and gives some problems here and there. Better stick to 9.6.5 now. And why not your build?
And when not, it does not really matter what cured build you pick up. Since some time the development of Primo 2.0 is limited to adaptions for devices. Thus ... they are all the same, except for some minor device related changes.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby modmybox » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:44 am

Hi and thank you for your reply.

The device is really new, came out in november 2012
The map of the netherlands where i live for example is from 2011, i am missing a lot of new streets around me already
the program is fine for me, my guess is they want you to buy the latest map officially, they are about 90 euro (117USD) i feel kind of screwed because of the old maps.
Things like speedcameras also are missing

the official map from the set is from tomtom and a has a igo logo.

i downloaded a tomtom map set with a tomtom logo
modmybox offline

Postby nabi » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 am

Hah.

TomTom is a Dutch GPS maker and owns TeleAtlas who is a mapmaker. You should have TomTom/TeleAtlas maps for iGO/Primo and not for TomTom. The iGO/Primo maps have the extension .fbl and can be found here : http://www.navitotal.com/forumdisplay.php?82-Maps-buildings-dem-POI.

Download maps from there and set your device (the GPS program) back to the original state.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby robotcop » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:45 pm

Test [Please Register or Login to download file] Version. This is the cracked 9.5.6.223767 from ClarionNX502E.
robotcop offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby nabi » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:11 pm

No offense, but why?? There is no problem with the program, which is the latest for his Clarion. Then why go back in version, one year old?
His version is not only newer but official as well. Therfor as long as the guarantee counts ...
The only matter here is the maps are dated 2011 and newer maps are around. The user playing around with config and ini files was no more than an attempt to get newer TomTom maps to work, but TomTom maps with the TomTom logo, thus for TomTom GPS. That could never work.
Modmybox only needs to download the correct maps for iGO/Primo, instead of the maps for TomTom. That is all. Only when a license issue arises, a switch to cured Primo (like 9.6.5.240968 Clarion) comes up.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby modmybox » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi,

I have been trying to get the updates maps to work.

Here are first some pictures

Version

The invalid map example

A working map that came with the set

what map do i need?
or what license file do i need
modmybox offline

Postby nabi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:50 pm

You need the maps for iGO (see image 3, the mapmaker is TomTom, the logo is igo). You can also use Navteq maps for iGO, currently the most recent (2012Q3). The most recent TomTom for iGO are 2012Q2. By your pictures, I can not tell what maps you have. For that, you should look in menu>help>about where you will find the map release dates.

The important issue is whatever maps you use, the maps must be for iGO. IGO maps you find here : http://www.navitotal.com/forumdisplay.php?82-Maps-buildings-dem-POI.

The license that was with the software should do.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby modmybox » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:34 pm

i called the shop where i bought it. and he told me i should use navieextras toolbox to get free updates for 30 days after purchas.
i tried to use that program , but it wont do a darn thing, gonna see into that first.
modmybox offline

Postby nabi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:13 pm

There should be a manual included with the purchase. Read it.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby modmybox » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:08 pm

I read the manual and was only in a foreign language, and i tried the update software. but i didnt work, this was now solved because they had to manually activate my account apperently

for now the maps are updated..

thank you for your time.
modmybox offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core