Some IGo Primo Questions   

Some IGo Primo Questions

Postby Goattbh » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been running iGo Primo 2.0 on a Dynavin unit for about 6 months now. I'm really impressed with it but I'd like to know more about fixing some issues I've been encountering. I'd be really grateful for any advice.

1) Distance before announcements

On Dual Carriageways, iGo tells me to take the exit just 100 yards before the exit. At 60-70mph this is fairly useless. I've tried changing the announcements between Compact, Verbose etc but it seems that this doesnt change this - it just affects how many times the voice will tell you about stuff. I guess I need to fiddle with a config file but having looked through them all I can't see which one relates to the distance before announcements. Any ideas?

2) Onscreen display

I can display up to 3 information sources in the bottom right of the screen. I have Distance to Dest, Time to Dest and Current Time. I'd like more than 3 ideally - I'd like to add current speed too. Any ideas on this one?

3) Altitude Display

The altitude figure is only correct as of the time I turn the unit on. It'll display the altitude the car was at when Igo loaded and then stay locked at this figure for the rest of the session.

4) Speed Cameras

Igo warns me speed cameras by, curiously, playing a blank sound. I know it does this becuase the sound from the radio side of the unit mutes to indicate a sound playing from Nav - but I hear no sound. Not sure why this happens - Alert Points etc are turned on. Also, there is always an odd speed beside the speed limit camera. For example if I am approaching a camera in a 30mph zone, the camera icon will have a 29mph speed limit beside it. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Goattbh offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:54 pm

First things first, which distribution of primo are you using, ie, where did you get it from specifically?

1, I've never known this to happen.
2, Dimka skin will let you have more fields including the current speed, although it does move them to the left side.
3, Some devices have a problem with altitude, I can't remember if we fixed it or not, I will look it up...
4, There needs to be an edit made in the data.zip to correct the speed camera limit shown.

The primo builds by Yurbuh Tuggly available from this site will fix 1 and 4, the Dimka skin will fix 2, while 3 will need some searching...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:03 pm

If 'modified version' is a possibility (which can make it difficult/impossible to track down bad edits, etc), maybe check this out instead of a FULL download and re-install:
Primo2-Repair-Kit
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Goattbh » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:47 pm

It's 'Dynavin Edition' which is presumably a version of igo that somebody has customised for the Dynavin device. Though the customisation seems very light, its the stock iGo interface etc, so I think the customisation is limited to the config files. So I guess what i need to know is how to find what I'm after in the config files. Cheers for the help so far!
Goattbh offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:11 pm

It depends what you mean by 'config files'.
There is sys.txt which is easily edited (you can post what you have in it's contents if you want us to take a look), and then there is data.zip and/or branding.zip which are not easily edited. Additionally, there may be other folders/files in your configuration that can impact basic settings. Better to just replace them with a standardized version without any customization. Otherwise, trying to track down a 'why does this not work?' issue can be an exercise in frustration.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby archercj » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:26 am

If I was you I would start with YT's download post that has a base configuration. I used that and everything works fine i.e altitude, spoken TTS etc. Add your maps, poi etc on top of this.

Certainly the altitude can be an issue. I overwrote YT's configf with one that displays the speed of speedcam correctly for the UK and the altitude stopped working.

I have just started using the ZoZo skin which has a lot of info on the screen such as current speed, altitude etc. but the Dimka skin, as stated, works well

As is always stated - back everything up first before playing.
archercj offline

Postby bazzle » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:29 am

I fixed my altitude issue on 2 in car units with the DiMkaWa skins. Same for the extra displays and most other things:dance_mini:

diMka WA P.1.5.6
[Please Register or Login to download file]

Bazzle
bazzle offline

User avatar Senior Member

Postby captab » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:It depends what you mean by 'config files'.
There is sys.txt which is easily edited (you can post what you have in it's contents if you want us to take a look), and then there is data.zip and/or branding.zip which are not easily edited. Additionally, there may be other folders/files in your configuration that can impact basic settings. Better to just replace them with a standardized version without any customization. Otherwise, trying to track down a 'why does this not work?' issue can be an exercise in frustration.

Could you tell me where to buy or download the standard version of Primo2? Also where to get the USA maps for the standard version (as well as anything else that I may need for it to work)?

I would like to put Primo2 on my Dynavin D99 (WinCE 6) mounted in E46 BMW.

Thanks!
captab offline

Postby jack O'spades » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:26 pm

jack O'spades is the name, card games are my trade.
jack O'spades offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby captab » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:00 pm

jack O'spades wrote:Buy Primo? And you come here to ask that question?

Get primo here : http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?9656-iGo-Primo-2.0-Build-9.6.5.211211-(Dec-07-2011)-Torrent-TBM

Sorry, I hope I did not offend you with that $ question :-) I heard so much ‎about Primo2 that I would like to try it.‎
Thanks for your response, and I will follow up the link.‎
captab offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core