Share MAP folder between AMIGO IGO8 PRIMO   

Postby CosmicArkie » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Nabi,

The programs are all on one 8GB card; all paths are "\StorageCard\iGO8 or Primo or Amigo". All work just fine with the 2010.06 TeleAltas maps when the maps in separate content files in the programs. The iGO8 is 8.3.4.142975 of 5-11-10; the Amigo is 8.4.3.115042 of 10-6-09; the Primo is 8.5.11.154123 of 8-1-10.

Thanks again,

J
CosmicArkie offline

Postby nabi » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:10 pm

At least we know the programs are trustworthy.
Which program gives the notice? And what maps are we talking about (Navteq? TeleAtlas, Q2? Q3? ...)
Did you copy the whole content folder to the root? And is there no syntax error in sys.txt or in folder names?

edit:
Okay, I see now you posted at the same time ! :D:D
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby nabi » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Read this thread : http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?3547-sharing-content-folder-between-IGO-8-and-Primo
Pay attention to post #2 and #4. No need to have different language folders tough (post #11).
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby CosmicArkie » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:34 pm

nabi wrote:Read this thread : http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?3547-sharing-content-folder-between-IGO-8-and-Primo
Pay attention to post #2 and #4. No need to have different language folders tough (post #11).

Yes, I'd seen that thread and tried following it originally. If I tried to move the language folders, it would hang at the initial loading with the "language files not found" notice.

In reviewing the Tips & Tricks thread: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?1011-Sys.txt-thread-tips-tricks-Q-amp-A/page2
I got to thinking that there might be a similar issue with my unit, but I'm sure there isn't a device entry on my sys.txt.

J
CosmicArkie offline

Postby nabi » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:02 pm

I asked you twice before which program gives the message and I don't read it anywhere. Or do I need glasses ??

It would be a good idea to post your file structure and the sys.txt files from your programs that give that notice.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby upss » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:31 pm

CosmicArkie wrote:Nabi,

The programs are all on one 8GB card; all paths are "\StorageCard\iGO8 or Primo or Amigo". All work just fine with the 2010.06 TeleAltas maps when the maps in separate content files in the programs. The iGO8 is 8.3.4.142975 of 5-11-10; the Amigo is 8.4.3.115042 of 10-6-09; the Primo is 8.5.11.154123 of 8-1-10.

Thanks again,

J

Sharing the content file works fine if you really know what you are doing. It is definitely NOT for the inexperience guys . Anyway, why bother if you have 8Gb card?
upss offline

Postby nabi » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:12 am

That is one point of view, one solution. But a shared content folder has advantages too. Like the extra space, free for music, etc.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby body75 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:09 am

CosmicArkie wrote:all paths are "\StorageCard\iGO8 or Primo or Amigo"

each device has different settings, for my mio320, this setting is correct. I do not share the full content folder(Each program has different settings, but all have the same maps).
to note "StorageCard" and "[color="lime"]Storage Card[/color]", "[color="darkorange"]\Storage Card\[/color]" and "[color="magenta"]/Storage Card/[/color]" is not the same!
all maps,dem, poi's are in igo8 folder, these settings are in primo sys.txt, not vice versa!

[device]
type="mioc320"

[folders]
has_secondary_root=0
sdcardpath="\Storage Card\Primo"
app="\Storage Card\Primo"
maps="..\..\IGO8\content\map"
buildings="..\..\IGO8\content\building"
dem="..\..\IGO8\content\dem"
poi="..\..\IGO8\content\poi"
body75 offline

Postby CosmicArkie » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:32 pm

Sorry Nabi,

I didn't make myself clear, but regardless of the method all the programs give me the same responses - on startup "map files not found". There were some folks who said that you could point from iGO to Primo and
not vice versa while others have said the only way is to point from Primo to iGO while others said the way to go is with shared "root" content. My latest attempt was to format a 2GB and just load Amigo with root
content\map & content\poi folders. I got the "not found" notice on startup. So I then tried the same maps="StorageCard\content\map" entry in the data.zip info.ini file and got the "out of date" notice.

When I've made any reference to app="\Storage Card\Amigo" I get "program application cannot be found".

***UPDATE***

I just copied and pasted Body's sys.txt from above and plugged it into Amigo and pointed to the root content folder, leaving off the app= part.

F**K ME GENTLY WITH A CHAINSAW!! IT WORKS!!

I _knew_ as soon as I revealed my ignorance for all the world to see things would work. In all my attempts, I never used the \..\ business and the sdcardpath. I just "ass"umed that it was shorthand for dittoes(?) and spelled out the paths to the folders individually.

Now I've done the same thing on the Primo and iGO8 programs on the 8GB card.
Primo works like a charm - iGO is still ignorant. So I moved the contents to iGO
and pointed Primo and Amigo there. Walla!! It all works!!

Soooo, thanks to you guys for all you do and your help on this. May all your travels
be well guided with sunshine and following winds.

J
CosmicArkie offline

Previous

Return to General Discussions about iGO core