Remove Car use Arrow   

Remove Car use Arrow

Postby eLpRiMo » Fri May 11, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi,

Is there anyway to remove the car image that my iGO 8.3 is using and default back to the arrow.

I am not sure why it does this, I haven't installed any car package or anything similar.

I try looking but can't find anything similar and tried doing the reverse from some people that were looking to get rid of the arrow, but that didn't work.

I currently have a small white car as the cursor.

Thanks
eLpRiMo offline

Postby nabi » Fri May 11, 2012 5:17 pm

You are using a skin?
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby eLpRiMo » Fri May 11, 2012 7:18 pm

No

I don't have any skin installed.

I do have a scheme for the colors in the map installed.
eLpRiMo offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Fri May 11, 2012 7:23 pm

It is possible that somebody (from wherever you got your install/version) has physically edited/replaced the arrow graphic buried deeply within some program files. This was the 'old school' method of getting a car cursor before skins and other methods became available.
If this is the case, it may not be easy for you to 'change it back' without a lot of effort.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby eLpRiMo » Fri May 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Understood.

Is there a location of where this file is located. Maybe I can try to replace it with another one and see if that does anything.
eLpRiMo offline

Postby nabi » Fri May 11, 2012 8:50 pm

So your download isn't from here? :doh:

I am not sure - too late to get out my device and check all, off to bed now to wake up very early - Butt my guess is data.zip.

Alternative is a new install ;) Usually a better idea.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby chas521 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:28 pm

eLpRiMo wrote:Hi,

Is there anyway to remove the car image that my iGO 8.3 is using and default back to the arrow.

I am not sure why it does this, I haven't installed any car package or anything similar.

I try looking but can't find anything similar and tried doing the reverse from some people that were looking to get rid of the arrow, but that didn't work.

I currently have a small white car as the cursor.

Thanks

Yes, that can be done without too much trouble. But as Nabi said [intimated], you go to another GPS site and download from there but come here for support? What's wrong with that picture? You should go back there because it's their program not Navitotal's.

nabi wrote:So your download isn't from here? :doh:

I am not sure - too late to get out my device and check all, off to bed now to wake up very early - Butt my guess is data.zip.

Alternative is a new install ;) Usually a better idea.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby eLpRiMo » Fri May 11, 2012 10:44 pm

I never said I downloaded it from somewhere else...

Got it from here : http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-5-2011

Reason why I asked here...
eLpRiMo offline

Postby chas521 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:12 am

eLpRiMo wrote:I never said I downloaded it from somewhere else...

Got it from here : http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-5-2011

Reason why I asked here...

I hear what you're saying. Just know that program is MY program and at NO time was there ever a white car as the cursor.

EDIT: When did you download it? I see no "thanks" from you.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat May 12, 2012 7:28 am

eLpRiMo wrote:Is there a location of where this file is located.

First, check and see if you have a folder named "gfx" in the root of your iGo install. If you do, the car image/arrow replacement may be in there, and you can simply move that folder out somewhere, restart iGo, and see what happens.
If you do not have a stand-alone gfx folder, then chances are the files were modified within data.zip..most likely data.zip>gfx>arrow.*, although I am not certain of the file structure for iGo8.x.
The problem may be, if those files were modified within data.zip, that the 'arrow' representation is not just a static image such as a *.bmp graphic, but a 3D model consisting of *.mdl and *.tex files. Not so easy to create one of those without specific modeling software.
Your data.zip file may need to be replaced with an original unmodified version. And if so, you would be much better off just to backup and save your content, and replace the entire install with one from Chas521. His current download has a car cursor, but it can easily be deleted if you like (instructions in reverse as you have seen in another post).
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby eLpRiMo » Sun May 13, 2012 5:52 am

First, check and see if you have a folder named "gfx" in the root of your iGo install. If you do, the car image/arrow replacement may be in there, and you can simply move that folder out somewhere, restart iGo, and see what happens.
If you do not have a stand-alone gfx folder, then chances are the files were modified within data.zip..most likely data.zip>gfx>arrow.*, although I am not certain of the file structure for iGo8.x.
The problem may be, if those files were modified within data.zip, that the 'arrow' representation is not just a static image such as a *.bmp graphic, but a 3D model consisting of *.mdl and *.tex files. Not so easy to create one of those without specific modeling software.
Your data.zip file may need to be replaced with an original unmodified version. And if so, you would be much better off just to backup and save your content, and replace the entire install with one from Chas521. His current download has a car cursor, but it can easily be deleted if you like (instructions in reverse as you have seen in another post).

Thank you!

Will try it as soon as I get a chance. I will let everyone know if it works, If i end up doing anything different, I will post my findings.
eLpRiMo offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core