Problems displaying the streets and roads   

Problems displaying the streets and roads

Postby swade8 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:05 am

Greetings,

I am currently running Primo 2 , 9.6.2, I have recently updated all of my maps, dem, buildings, and poi's to the latest version for North America 2012(Q2)..

I have no problems starting the program, and everything seems to be working fine with no errors.

The problem I do have, however, is that all i see, is the demographics... no streets or roads are being displayed. what did i do wrong or ... when I replaced the previous version of maps, was i to leave something on my card that could have been deleted or replaced?

If anyone knows, i would greatly appreciate the help here, or at least what to look for ...

if this helps any, I have not changed my program any, I only updated from previous maps 2011, to the new maps 2012..
swade8 offline

Postby ovalball » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:49 am

It seems like your new map files are not being recognised.iHas your version of primo got the appropritate "modiified "files to enable it to run your new maps?Also do have the generic licence file installed?If you put your original maps back,does everything work ok again?
ovalball offline

Postby swade8 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:09 am

ovalball wrote:It seems like your new map files are not being recognised.iHas your version of primo got the appropritate "modiified "files to enable it to run your new maps?Also do have the generic licence file installed?If you put your original maps back,does everything work ok again?

To answer your question, yes everything works if I restore my sdcard back to before I put the new maps on.

Now it makes me wonder, what's the latest version and build of primo 2?
And where can I get a working link to it, granted its not been modified.
swade8 offline

Postby nabi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:30 am

The most probable cause is that the downloaded files got corrupted somehow during the proces of downloading or copying them to the sd card.

When you put them back on the sd (and replace the old files) does the problem persist? If yes, it's a download issue or the maps were/became faulty on uploading.

About a newer Primo: lately the newer builds are known to be nothing more than adaptions to particular devices. I am not aware of big changes. When your Primo2 works, no need to update and possibly get issues.
Why? There are many GPS devices and as many different device specifications and each/most manufacturer adapts WindowsCE and adapts (or NavNGo does it for them) Primo to work on his/their device(s). Think e.g. of a hardware button instead of a software one.

Or consider one device having a system driver on board, another device not having it in system ROM. When some action - it might be a warning sound - refers to a certain file that is not there or a DLL that is rewritten, something will not happen or something different will happen. You may never notice it. Or you may be troubled at startup or sometime (much) later. It depends. Some builds will work better on a certain device and that can be a quicker start up or quicker contact with satellites or a better use of memory or ...
When it's not broken, don't fix it ;)
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby chas521 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:38 pm

swade8 wrote:Greetings,

I am currently running Primo 2 , 9.6.2, I have recently updated all of my maps, dem, buildings, and poi's to the latest version for North America 2012(Q2)..

I have no problems starting the program, and everything seems to be working fine with no errors.

The problem I do have, however, is that all i see, is the demographics... no streets or roads are being displayed. what did i do wrong or ... when I replaced the previous version of maps, was i to leave something on my card that could have been deleted or replaced?

If anyone knows, i would greatly appreciate the help here, or at least what to look for ...

if this helps any, I have not changed my program any, I only updated from previous maps 2011, to the new maps 2012..

Hmmmm! You must have missed the numerous posts I made stating that Primo doesn't navigate as well in NA as does iGO8. The graphics are prettier in Primo but..........
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kamoteka » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:39 pm

With the new maps on your device, run primo and go to [More]-[Help]-[About]. Then go to contents and check your map list. Do you see the list of new maps? Are they listed as inactive content? If so,then you have a license issue. If you are using an original licensed primo software, then, it would not work on unlicensed content (map, poi, etc). You should use the cracked version of Primo.
kamoteka offline

Postby swade8 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:30 am

I will check on these suggestions and advice and get back to you on my results come late monday, as alot is going on right now.. thanks again, and will report my findings.
swade8 offline

Postby swade8 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:45 am

UPDATE...

Found out that i have version 9.6.209584, don't know if it's the cracked version or not.. I updated maps to the 2012 (Q2), Im now uncertain as to which is correct or isn't correct.. to solve my problem. any help here would help..Thanks. also one thing i did notice. is that when all was working well... I had basemaps with my 2011 (Q4) ... and now there is no basemap with the latest maps 2012(Q2) ,... is that what i'm missing?
swade8 offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:59 am

Do you know how to check if your program is "seeing" the maps? Settings, Help, About then I think it's More, Contents..........

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby swade8 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:11 am

chas521 wrote:Do you know how to check if your program is "seeing" the maps? Settings, Help, About then I think it's More, Contents..........

yes, i am able to go to the About screen, then go to more, then go to maps, and pull up all the maps and their listed as the 2012 (Q2) 120913 is what it says...
swade8 offline

Postby swade8 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:21 am

kamoteka wrote:With the new maps on your device, run primo and go to [More]-[Help]-[About]. Then go to contents and check your map list. Do you see the list of new maps? Are they listed as inactive content? If so,then you have a license issue. If you are using an original licensed primo software, then, it would not work on unlicensed content (map, poi, etc). You should use the cracked version of Primo.

I did check this , and as far as i can tell i'm activated.. I also re-ran the setup wizard, and it stated through the process that im already activated... so , it's still puzzling to me... I can't see how updating the maps to a newer quarter will cause this much grief... I will attempt to get a hold of iGO 8 and see if it will recognize the newer maps..
swade8 offline

Postby swade8 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:30 am

here's another question i have... is the Basemap.fbl required ?
swade8 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:22 am

If you have working maps installed then you can delete it.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:24 pm

swade8 wrote:I I will attempt to get a hold of iGO 8 and see if it will recognize the newer maps..

Try this iGO8 program http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-16-2011

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby swade8 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi guys, I do wish to share with you , that I believe I have found the problem to my streets, and roads, not being displayed or showing up....

When I had responded to an earlier post to see if i see the maps in the maps content from the primo settings menu, about, and tap on more, then i get contents , and one area is maps.. i click that and i did in fact see a bunch of maps.... HOWEVER... after checking it again today... and tried to see if i saw MY map... New York State... it was not there.. all of the other states were...

I then put my sd card into my computer and found that it shows i have new york state files on the sd card, but they were the fda,and the fsp, files but NO.... fbl file... so therefore I believe with all the downloads I've been doing, i have not successfully found a New York state. fbl file in the latest realease (2012 (Q2) of the NavTeq Maps... can someone verify if they have that or not... and if you are willing to share I would greatly appreciate it... you can PM, me... thanks a bunch...

I got all my maps from here... http://www.navitotal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4083&d=1334816202 , this link does not contain the new york state.fbl file..

Also... i'm sure this means something too... I have found a, usa new york.fbl file in another download labled "NA2012 (Q2) ", but after loading that, and testing it , it still doesn't work... after further checking into it.. that current file is only 4 megs.. the previous one from 2011 (Q4) is 25 megs... so, again I think there is a fault to the New York state.fbl file... any thoughts or suggestions...???

I'm almost thinking to going back to my 2011 maps and forgetting about the 2012 ones... I will report back if those work or not now... thanks..
swade8 offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core