Problem installing skin   

Problem installing skin

Postby JonseyT23 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Hello

I am having a problem installing a skin/speedcam voices I have downloaded.

I have downloaded diMkamegaduck skin, moved the diMkaspecter.zip file into the skin folder, NNG_Pistachia_day_d.zip, Kuindzi8_d.zip into schemes folder, GFX sun and sky.bmp files into data.zip, and set-up the audio files in the root->audio->en->voice_female
voice_male

I have put the card back into the headunit and went to the change skin option, selected diMkamegaduck, it stated that it required to reboot the system, so went through that, once it came back on it still had the same menu colours but it took ages to load up and not used the new skin.

Anyone know where I have gone wrong.

Am using iGo 8.3
JonseyT23 offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:09 pm

JonseyT23 wrote:Hello

I am having a problem installing a skin/speedcam voices I have downloaded.

I have downloaded diMkamegaduck skin, moved the diMkaspecter.zip file into the skin folder, NNG_Pistachia_day_d.zip, Kuindzi8_d.zip into schemes folder, GFX sun and sky.bmp files into data.zip, and set-up the audio files in the root->audio->en->voice_female
voice_male

I have put the card back into the headunit and went to the change skin option, selected diMkamegaduck, it stated that it required to reboot the system, so went through that, once it came back on it still had the same menu colours but it took ages to load up and not used the new skin.

Anyone know where I have gone wrong.

Am using iGo 8.3

Honestly, it sounds like you did everything correctly - to me anyway. Are you getting any error messages? Sometimes events just can't be explained. It's very possible [just guessing] that you might have a memory problem because too much is trying to load at the beginning.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby JonseyT23 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:04 am

chas521 wrote:Honestly, it sounds like you did everything correctly - to me anyway. Are you getting any error messages? Sometimes events just can't be explained. It's very possible [just guessing] that you might have a memory problem because too much is trying to load at the beginning.

No not getting any error notifications, I have checked the memory saying it has 86mb free (or is this not enough)
JonseyT23 offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:58 pm

JonseyT23 wrote:No not getting any error notifications, I have checked the memory saying it has 86mb free (or is this not enough)

No, it sounds like you have enough memory. If you go to the Dimka site, I believe there is a way to contact them. Since it's their skin, you may need their additional guidance. Try going to the guestbook. [Please Register or Login to download file]
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby JonseyT23 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Excellent chas, I will give it another go after the festive season and contact diMka via there guestbook.

Happy Holidays
JonseyT23 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core