Primo2 Junction View   

Primo2 Junction View

Postby saab » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi
I’m trying out Primo2 with 800x480 resolution using dimka_tomsoft.153a_kl_sw skin but
junction view does not seem to work. I have it ticked in preferences & it doesn’t work.
Please anybody can help?

Thanks
saab offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:48 pm

1) Junction view does not mean every road junction...just in major cities or metropolitan areas along major roadways. Rural or out of the way places or minor roads may have none.
2) Some early distributions of Primo2 were lacking the Junction View files in certain resolutions within data.zip. In data.zip (do NOT unzip it! Copy to your PC and just look inside) there should be a folder junctionview, and within that folders {resolution}_Lanes. If you don't see one called 800_480_Lanes with about 309 BMP files within it, you are missing the files.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby saab » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:39 am

Thank you "Yurbuh tuggly" Your quick reply . I find the folder in data.zip name junction view 800_480_lanes with 309 bmp files. any changes need to do in igo9.ini ? or can you provide a data.zip working junction view on the resolution?

Thank you again
saab offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:38 am

saab wrote:any changes need to do in igo9.ini ?

No, in fact messing with that is not recommended at all. To do so could create conflicts and malfunctions. All setting changes should be within the normal settings options within Primo.

saab wrote:or can you provide a data.zip working junction view on the resolution?

If all the files are present, junction view should work at the appropriate times and places unless it has somehow been disabled or corrupted.
I don't know your particular setup or skin, but all I can tell you is that junction view works fine in the torrent download of Primo2 that I have provided in the post here:
:link:
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby saab » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:38 am

Re-installed as per your above instruction but still the same the junction view not working
saab offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:49 am

saab wrote:still the same the junction view not working

How do you KNOW it's not working?
Are you absolutely positively sure you are in an area and using up to date maps that include junction view?
As said before, it does not work everywhere.
Also, junction view may not work in simulation...only live on the road with a satellite lock following a planned route.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby saab » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:01 am

Sorry yurbuh, I am living in middle east ,tested in along major roadways , but I don’t know map included (iGO R3 Middle East NAVTEQ 2011.Q4) junction view
saab offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:17 am

saab wrote:don’t know map included (iGO R3 Middle East NAVTEQ 2011.Q4) junction view

Yes, that particular mapset is up to date enough to be able to be used with JunctionView.
However, that does not mean necessarily that there are many areas that have JunctionView enabled within that map.
For example, where I am there seems to be only one highway (among many actual highways) where JunctionView pops up to show me my exit if I happen to route that way. And even then, it is not every exit/junction on that highway....only some.

I would conclude that all your files appear to be complete, and your setup is probably OK. So JunctionView would work if it was available on your highways/map.
The only way to know for sure is to find someone with the same maps in the same areas, and if they have JunctionView and you don't, then you may have something wrong. If they also do not have JunctionView popping up automatically, then it's just not available in your area.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Paulopp » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Dear saab, as per your post I saw that you are using a map from Navteq. Well, for this map to show junction views you have to have an extra file called XXXXX.fjv ( where XXXXX is the release that you are using ex. NAVTEQ.2011.Q4.fjv). On top of that you have to have a lycense in your lycense folder to enable you to use junction views.
Hope this will help
Best rgs.
Paulopp offline

Postby Paulopp » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Continuing about junction views I'm having a problem and would like to ask if someone have figured out a solution...

I have 2 GPSs, both of them running Primo 2.0 on WinCe, with Navteq latest map (Brazil2012-Q2.fbl) and latest junctionview file (Brazil2012-Q2.fjv). One is 5.0" 480_272 and the other is 7.0" 800_480.

On the 5.0" everything is fine but on the 7.0" the junction views won't go fullscreen. They go like a "mini" junction view on the upper-left corner of the screen. (probably 480x272 pixels)

When I hit mapchanger and use Tomtom maps both of then go fullscreen on junction views...

I've noted that the image of the same junction appear different on Tomtom than Navteq. Looking closely I'm sure that Tomtom uses the .bmp files in data.zip\config\junctionview\ but Navteq doesn't. The only place that I can imagine Navteq's bmps are, is inside the .fjv file. The navteq2012-Q2.fjv file have more than 100mb, wich is plenty room for all resolutions (800x480, 480x272, etc.) but I'm not able to invoke the correct resolution on the 800x480 machine...

I belive my sys.txt have all necessary configurations but I'm not sure...
Among all I've selected below the ones that I think are related with the matter:

[debug]
experimental_features=1

[interface]
resolution_dir="800_480"

[rawdisplay]
screen_x=800
screen_y=480

==================

igo9.ini is manufature original in both units

I'm going crazy...

Anyone can help???

Thank you very much!
Paulopp offline

Postby mamat_tan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:32 am

Paulopp wrote:Dear saab, as per your post I saw that you are using a map from Navteq. Well, for this map to show junction views you have to have an extra file called XXXXX.fjv ( where XXXXX is the release that you are using ex. NAVTEQ.2011.Q4.fjv). On top of that you have to have a lycense in your lycense folder to enable you to use junction views.
Hope this will help
Best rgs.

Hi, im using primo 2 (build 9.6.5.211211).
When using tomtom maps for malaysia (Malaysia_R3_TomTom_2012.03_120413.fbl) junction view is OK.

Im trying t use mfm maps for malaysia (Malaysia_mfm.fbl) including the junction view (Malaysia_mfm.fjv) but it seem not working and error message shows that "Malaysia_mfm.fjv" is not a compatible maps file.

License also have include inside the License folder for this mfm maps.
Can you help me on this item ?
mamat_tan offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:55 am

mamat_tan wrote:License also have include inside the License folder for this mfm maps.
Can you help me on this item ?

From what I know of the special FJV files required for some maps (which is very little as I have no maps that need them), is that it can be a bit confusing. Sometimes an additional special license may be required (in addition to the MAPs license), and sometimes this license, when posted somewhere, may have been obtained directly from NNG in the 'official' way, and it may not work on 'unofficial' software installations. Not very helpful...sorry.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby mamat_tan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 am

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:From what I know of the special FJV files required for some maps (which is very little as I have no maps that need them), is that it can be a bit confusing. Sometimes an additional special license may be required (in addition to the MAPs license), and sometimes this license, when posted somewhere, may have been obtained directly from NNG in the 'official' way, and it may not work on 'unofficial' software installations. Not very helpful...sorry.

TQ for your advice and support...
So better using tomtom map which can shows the junction view.....
mamat_tan offline

Postby ssling18 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:43 am

where can download the juction view file ( .fjv ) ? :scratch_one-s_head_:scratch_one-s_head_
ssling18 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:42 am

ssling18 wrote:download the juction view file ( .fjv )

What maps (from which map-maker) are you using? And what geographic location are you in?
You usually get them (if needed) from the same place you got the maps.
Not all maps need additional files...Junction View is built into most maps except for certain areas.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core