Primo 2 - Is there a North Up Mapping option in 2D Navigatio   

Primo 2 - Is there a North Up Mapping option in 2D Navigatio

Postby adrianmol » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:07 pm

Previously using iGo8 I had the option for 2D North-Up Navigation. With my new Primo 2 software I can select North-Up in Map view but once I am navigating along a route there is no North Up option. Is it possible to add a North Up option?

Thank you in anticipation :confused:
Adrianmol

Primo 2 - Favourite Skin Decent_Colour_Multi 3.8. I have created my own Schemes & dayheightcolor.bmps that work well in bright light for use on a motorcycle and in a convertible. I like being able to customise my GPS to suit me.

iGo8 8.3.4 - Favourite Skin diMka 1.1.39(c) Tomsoft. After using diMka for over a year I now find that having 22 buttons on a screen is just too complicated when driving.
adrianmol offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:18 pm

Let me preface this with two points:
1) I never use 2D view. Ever.
2) I have always detested "North Up" view in any navigation program...if the map is not in the direction I am traveling, I consider it annoying.

Which may be why I did not spend a lot of time researching this.
According to the latest Primo 2 manual:
Compass in 2D map view mode
The direction of the compass shows North. Tap the
button to switch to North-up view, and then tap again
to rotate the map in the previous direction.

Compass in 3D map view mode
The direction of the compass shows North. Tap the
button to switch to North-up view, and then tap again
to rotate the map in the previous direction.

So one would assume a couple of things: you must have the compass being displayed on the map screen, and you must obviously have a satellite lock.

However, both with and without the diMka skin, I could not get this to work. I could get "North Up" on a planning screen by tapping the compass, but it would not stick when navigation commenced.
Maybe somebody else has a solution, or maybe North Up Navigation is no longer possible.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kamoteka » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:45 pm

There is no north-up 2D navigation view with Primo 2 by default. However, there is a UX module that essentially makes 2D North up navigation view possible.

Download the 2D North UX modules from here: [Please Register or Login to download file]

Create a folder (if it does not exist) UX on your primo root. Put the UX-overview_northup_20.zip file on this UX folder. Enable automatic overview in your settings, and for automatic overview, choose 2D North Up. When your next maneuver is longer than your threshold, you should go automatically to overview mode (which could be either the regular overview or the 2D North up).

Thanks to Arkoko for this UX module.
kamoteka offline

Postby adrianmol » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi,

I just need to update this thread. I did download the 2D North UX and installed it as described. No matter what I do I cannot get the Automatic Overview to give me the new option to choose 2D North Up.
I have since downloaded the UX file Compass_20 which enables me to display a large, transparent compass around the cursor which is nearly as good. So I I happy with that.
Adrianmol

Primo 2 - Favourite Skin Decent_Colour_Multi 3.8. I have created my own Schemes & dayheightcolor.bmps that work well in bright light for use on a motorcycle and in a convertible. I like being able to customise my GPS to suit me.

iGo8 8.3.4 - Favourite Skin diMka 1.1.39(c) Tomsoft. After using diMka for over a year I now find that having 22 buttons on a screen is just too complicated when driving.
adrianmol offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:13 am

@Adrianmol

Try doing a search for the Kikker skin for iGO8 [not primo]. It's a simpler skin.
[Please Register or Login to download file]
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bsnel » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:10 am

The link to the North UX modeles is broken. Keen to get these files. Do you have a working link?
bsnel offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:50 am

bsnel wrote:The link to the North UX modeles is broken. Keen to get these files. Do you have a working link?

Can you please be more specific? Thanks. OK, now I see [from an above post]. I don't have. Anyone else?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kamoteka » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Sorry, I can't upload from work.
I'll upload it tonight or tomorrow if I don't forget.
kamoteka offline

Postby kamoteka » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:21 am

Here:
[Please Register or Login to download file]
kamoteka offline

Postby adrianmol » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:29 am

Hi,
I have just sent you a private message. please reply then post in this thread to remind me.
Adrianmol

adrianmol offline

Postby daandaandaan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:19 am

Hi there! I have the same issue. I know i'm late (already November 2013 while the last post is June 2012), but I can't find north-up view button on the map. And i can't use the map spinning all the time. I need it to be north-up orientated all the time. I don't care about those who say that they don't like it to be north-up orientated. Maybe the producer of the software took only their arguments when introduced the new navigation software products. But how about me?! I don't use the map at all if is spinning all the time. The links bellow seems they are not working. Is anyone who has any idea how can i fix this?
daandaandaan offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Primo doesn't do this natively, there was a small ux plugin that could add a similar feature, but I never tried it myself, and other members had problems with it.

If you must have 2D north up, then go back to iGO8, which had this option built-in.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby daandaandaan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Thanks for advice. Too bad they don't make good things like use to. And i consider here all the things in the world. I feel like i am alienated by force with every "new", "improved" or "better" product, no matter what kind. I don't know if i have to buy the old-good iGo8, or look to download it from somewhere. My multimedia car system came already with the iGo Primo 2.0 installed on a micro-SD card and buying it would make me pay twice for an old product. And i wonder if it will really work with the newly built multimedia system. Thanks again.
daandaandaan offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby daandaandaan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Thanks, but the link has no valid links to the mirrors. At least i can't access them. Is it because of my account from this forum? I need different level of access?
daandaandaan offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core