Primo speedcam in KPH not MPH & Speedlimit warning not displ   

Primo speedcam in KPH not MPH & Speedlimit warning not displ

Postby catsmokey » Tue May 03, 2011 1:44 pm

i am using Primo 1.1 8.5.11.168090 Nov17 2010 from chas on my device [not changed sys.txt file] & everything works fine with kate tts voice except the speedcam warnings ~ they show as KMH and not MPH; when i had primo 1.2 it worked OK with the same speedcam file. This is not the end of the world, but everytime the speedcam warning comes up the speed limit warning [which is displayed all the time in mph] disappears.
Can i edit the sys.txt or do something else so that the speedlimit warning remains displayed at all times as it did when i ran 1.2?
as a footnote ~ i found 1.2 very good but every so often it used to loose voice information & need a soft reset to get it working again on my device; i have given the 1.1 an extensive test & this seems ok on my device apart from the speed limit warning in mph disappearing when the speedcam warning displays on the screen.
thku catsmokey
catsmokey offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby danny27404 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:05 pm

when i did my release a few days ago i found 1.1 did the same with me..... download mine and try that its feb 1.2 and i think its brilliant had it on for 9 hours + with tts 3d build truck and the dem all running together. I think its a bug with 1.1 to be honest.
danny27404 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue May 03, 2011 7:40 pm

I had this with V1.0 and upgrading to V1.1 + GJA skin fixed it.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby catsmokey » Tue May 03, 2011 9:40 pm

thks fbf ~ i've downloaded "GJA 2.21.1 skin for Primo 1.1 320x240" that you posted on 8th dec 2010 & will play with it tomorrow.
catsmokey
catsmokey offline

Postby catsmokey » Wed May 04, 2011 1:25 pm

the cja skin from fbf works fine & solves the problem of the speedcam being in kph & the speed limit disappearing when a speedcam is highlighted. thku
I have 1 other small problem with the program [also had this before i installed skin] ~ turning left/straight-on/right are all pronounced perfectly, however, whether it is a large or small roundabout it does not always announce what exit you need to take? my primo comes from chas, who is from the usa where they don't have roundabouts, do i need to add something to sys.txt to ensure all roundabout exits are announced?
thku catsmokey
catsmokey offline

Postby chas521 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:33 pm

catsmokey wrote:the cja skin from fbf works fine & solves the problem of the speedcam being in kph & the speed limit disappearing when a speedcam is highlighted. thku
I have 1 other small problem with the program [also had this before i installed skin] ~ turning left/straight-on/right are all pronounced perfectly, however, whether it is a large or small roundabout it does not always announce what exit you need to take? my primo comes from chas, who is from the usa where they don't have roundabouts, do i need to add something to sys.txt to ensure all roundabout exits are announced?
thku catsmokey

WRONG!!!!!!!!! We do have roundabouts in the US only they are called "traffic circles." I don't have that problem with my Primo 1.1. When I get to a traffic circle it announces to take the second exit or whatever.

EDIT: Saw this but I'm not sure if it helps. Try it and let us know please.

[tts]
automatic_direction_conversion=1 ;(1)
announce_exit_directions=0 ;(0) 1 says first place on exit sign, 2 say road name
skip_exit_numbers=0 ;(0) 1 or 2?
skip_road_numbers=0 ;(0) 1 or 2
always_say_road_names=2 ;(0) 1 or 2 or 3 (Rijksweg A4)
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed May 04, 2011 2:02 pm

I occasionally get the missing voice on roundabouts, I noticed that a normal voice always gives voice instructions whereas a TTS voice doesn't, I also noticed that it's always the same roundabouts with the problem, It maybe that a TTS config file somewhere needs editing, To be honest i never looked into the problem but try the US voice and see what happens, It could be a problem with the UK Kate voice.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby catsmokey » Wed May 04, 2011 2:25 pm

i'll chge the sys.txt as suggested by chas & see how it goes tomorrow when i need my sat nav 2 find where i'm going. [doh!! sry chas didn't know u had roundabouts in the colonies]
fbf~ i've fallen in love with kate TTS, but will try a different voice on my return jouney tomorrow if the sys.txt suggested by chas does not work.
thku catsmokey
catsmokey offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed May 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Try it and if it works as it should, then we know where to start fixing the problem.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Wed May 04, 2011 2:30 pm

catsmokey wrote:[doh!! sry chas didn't know u had roundabouts in the colonies]

Colonies? I feel like I'm back in history class. Seriously, no offense taken at all.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby catsmokey » Thu May 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Hummm? Update ~ even after changing the sys.txt kate tts was intermitant on roundabout [traffic circles] exit directions; on my return journey i tried USA susan tts & she gave me all the exit directions at roundabouts, but i'm afraid i didn't like her vcoice.
As the sys.txt chge didn't help kate tts i shall assume i may as well delete the chge i made?
For some reason i prefer female instructions than male so "i don't fancy playing with the male voices".
I have 2 options now; have kate but no tts on primo 1.1 or go back to primo 1.2 & see if the diMka 1.31 skin makes it more stable? the GJA skin made the 1.1 work better so will the diMka skin help primo 1.2?
thks as always for your thgts & help catsmokey
catsmokey offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu May 05, 2011 5:14 pm

It's always best to keep the sys.txt as short as possible, so remove the unnecessary entries, As i have the same problem i'll look into the TTS files, Although i mostly either have the voice guidance off or the radio on loud, It may be worth trying the male UK voice to narrow down where the problem is.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:57 pm

@catsmokey

There's something I could try but I'm not sure if it will work. Do you want me to try or do you want to try the skin first?

[color="red"]EDIT:[/color] Let me put it out there and you make the choice.
1. First thing you do is to make a back-up of Kate [UK TTS voice] somewhere safe on your computer.
2. Delete Kate TTS from content\voice.
3. Download this file and put it into content\voice - do not unzip it. [Please Register or Login to download file]
4. Hope it works on the roundabout otherwise delete it and put back the Kate voice you backed up.

Let me know please.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby catsmokey » Thu May 05, 2011 11:01 pm

thks chas ~ i have downloaded the file & it is saved on my deaktop for the moment.
In my content - voice file ~ i will takeout & keep "Voice_TTS-loq-Eng-uk-f1.zip" & replace it with the file of the same name as you describe. [the new file is 16kb & the old one is 15kb]
if that doesn't work i'll go & play around with primo 1.2 again & the diMka skin and if that is not stable i'll go back to non tts kate in 1.1. i'll do this at the weekend & report back. [i've never had TTS before & find it very useful]
when one is driving along & u r using the sat nav i rely more on the voice instructions than the screen as i believe it is safer for me to keep my eyes on the road.
catsmokey
catsmokey offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri May 06, 2011 11:57 am

I tested the voice file all morning and unfortunately it still misses out some roundabouts.

I'll try the Holly (Nuance) voice later.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core