primo skin   

primo skin

Postby kiwidude88 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:01 am

Does anyone know how i can create a skin for primo 2.0 or 2.4 or how to edit an existing one
kiwidude88 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 am

Creating a skin is beyond most people but you can open the zip file in winrar and most of the scripts will open in NotePad, you can edit them and update the archive, but this is much, much harder than it sounds...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby upss » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Does anyone knows of a Primo 2.4 skin where the fonts of the "Distance", "Time Left" and "Arrival" numbers are much larger and bolder than the original sizes?

If I cannot find such a ready made skin, I am considering editing these fonts myself. I just need to find a PC (Win 7) emulator that works with the latest Primo version. I have done it years ago on the Amigo (pre Primo) without an emulator and it was a big pain in the ass (this what it looks like) 5692. BTW, I am still using that Amigo (on a Mio 320) with my original modified fonts but the Amigo and my Mio is kind of outdated.
upss offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:01 am

I seem to recall there was a sys.txt entry you could make in iGO8 to increase font size but I have no idea if the same sys.txt entry works in Primo. Anyway, here it is: Play with the numbers.

[3d_config]
roadsign_lines_per_screen=12

OR maybe this one:

[interface]
mapfontscale=200
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby JohannesJ » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:51 am

Yes, it is possible by trying to find the text in data.zip. But it's not an easy task.
Unpack data.zip and search in the ui-files for e.g. Distance using a serach program like Super Text Search or similar programs. Once found the fonts can be adapted.
JohannesJ offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:21 pm

JohannesJ wrote:Yes, it is possible by trying to find the text in data.zip. But it's not an easy task.
Unpack data.zip and search in the ui-files for e.g. Distance using a serach program like Super Text Search or similar programs. Once found the fonts can be adapted.

Post #5 made me look a little deeper into Primo 2.4 and I found something that might help. MIGHT being the operative word here. Make sure you back up first! Open up the data.zip, go to the ui_igo9 folder, go to your resolution folder, go to ui folder, go to template.css file and you should find something there. Let us know how you make out and what you did if it works.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby upss » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. Yes, I know it is not easy, like I said, I have done it before on the Amigo. As I recall, it was a tedious and time consuming process and one of the main reason was that at the time I didn't have a PC emulator. Does anyone know, is there (where can I find it) a Win 5.0/6.0 emulator for PC (Win 7) that will run Primo 2.4?
upss offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Unless you have a top spec pc, probably not, igo emulation is very demanding.

Did you try different rom's?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby upss » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Sorry, but you didn't answer my question.
upss offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:02 pm

The answer is... probably not, igo primo isn't very emulator friendly.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core