Primo 2.0 question about speed limit + 2nd maneuver graphics   

Primo 2.0 question about speed limit + 2nd maneuver graphics

Postby weirdbeard » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:25 pm

Managed to get 2.0 of this forum and very good it is as well. Windows CE 6.0 version. Couple of questions.

1) I'm getting these extra fields next to the speed limit, one showing a percentage and another in plain numbers. These weren't in Primo 1.1 and I'm sure werent on 2.0 the first times I used it. I have been playing about with the settings a bit, but can't for the life of me find out how to remove these extra fields. To note, the picture above in in simulation mode so shows !!! instead of the percentages shown when on the road.

2) In Primo 1.1, when the 2nd maneuver graphic showed a roundabout, it would have the exit # in the centre - very handy when dealing with 2 roundabouts in quick succession. I can't find any trace of this being in 2.0, just a plain roundabout icon as shown. Is there any mod I can made to give me what I want?

To confirm I'm using the GJAk blue 1.07 skins although did test both on the default skins with the same results.

Speaking of the speed limit graphic, are they any ways of giving it the appearance of the UK road signs, same fonts and all? Again, this is something I had on an old 1.1 installation though lord only knows how that was done. Actually is there a UK road signs icon pack full stop? That aforementioned roundabout icon would look nice in blue and white.

Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by weirdbeard on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weirdbeard offline

Re: Primo 2.0 question about speed limit + 2nd maneuver graphics

Postby 1888 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Could the % not be the setting you have it set to warn you when over the limit? The other 428 could that not be the speed you are doing? My 2.4 sends me along the road at a good few 100 mph. As for the UK street signs i dont know but interested to find out as i must admit those ones are gash. BTW, What is teh other big red box with 266 in it?
1888 offline

User avatar Senior Member

Postby weirdbeard » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:15 pm

1888 wrote:Could the % not be the setting you have it set to warn you when over the limit? The other 428 could that not be the speed you are doing? My 2.4 sends me along the road at a good few 100 mph. As for the UK street signs i dont know but interested to find out as i must admit those ones are gash. BTW, What is teh other big red box with 266 in it?

I haven't got the setting to warn me when over the limit (assuming you're talking about Sound and Warnings > Speed Warning Settings > 'Warn in city...'

The number/percentage is based on the speed I'm doing and the speed limit, so if I'm doing 15 in a 30 zone, it will show 50%.

The 428/266 is just an effect of it being in simulation mode - obviously I couldn't get this photo whilst on the road!
weirdbeard offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:44 pm

The 266 could be altitude, there is a setting somewhere in primo where you can play with the displayed text. Try tapping and holding on the icon
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby weirdbeard » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:04 pm

Just to clarify, the menu button with 266 does display the mph correctly when on-the-road - the 266 is just something to do with the unit being in simulation mode, with 'Back' just being the exit button. It's the figures to the left of the speed limit which I'm hoping to get rid of.
weirdbeard offline

Postby weirdbeard » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:44 pm

Just more details -

The figure on the picture shown as !!!, when on the road is the percentage that you are currently doing of the speed limit. So if I'm doing 30 in a 30 area it shows 0%, if I'm doing 15 it shows -50%.

I think the second figure below that is my speed in kilometers per hour.
weirdbeard offline

Postby k1w1_123 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:00 pm

To get rid of the extra information beside the speed limit symbol, tap "extra settings" (symbol looks a bit like a chess pawn) then scroll down to "advanced speed limit" and unchecked it.
k1w1_123 offline

Postby k1w1_123 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:04 pm

Oops just noticed you are using a skin so access to advanced settings may be different for you.
k1w1_123 offline

Postby weirdbeard » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:49 pm

That's absolutely spot on advice there, thanks a lot. I'd obviously been poking around there when I first set the thing up, but I spend so long going through the regular settings trying to find what I'd changed, I totally missed the extra settings (or UI settings as it's called on the GJAK skin).

Again, big thanks.
weirdbeard offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core