Primo 2 Niggles   

Postby exflyboy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:19 am

Hi again guys, just as a final note to my thread, have been running Primo2 now for a few days, the only problem I found was that it tended to be a bit . 'clunky' especially going around roundabouts suffering lag and I did get an error message appear every so often in cyrillic alphabet which unfortunately I didn't understand, this would be cleared and Primo would go on working without having to shut down. Well the answer was staring me in the face and at first I couldn't see it for looking. use a faster SD card. I transfered the program to a class 10 SD card and voila, problem solved, no more lag and no more error message in cyrillic, smooth as a baby's bum.

Thanks again guys, fantastic and helpful site, The only thing I would like to end on is that if any developers are reading please, please can you consider two things

1. Can the navigation (information) panes be on a dark background and white characters as in Igo8, far easier and more importantly a lot safer to see at a glance while driving.

2. Can the GB voices say 'motorway' instead of 'highway'. Have tried to edit this myself, even with kind help from others to no avail.
exflyboy offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:02 am

exflyboy wrote:1. Can the navigation (information) panes be on a dark background and white characters

I don't really know exactly which elements you mean, but most everything font, background, and color-wise can be changed with a different Scheme.
In addition to the handful included with a basic install, there are about a zillion custom schemes made by others that are available. Or, if you have some basic skills, good guessing ability (and some time to experiment), you can make your own. Just copy one of the zips in {Primo}\Content\scheme to your PC and edit/modify the color.ini within it to suit what you like. All colors are determined by RGB numeric values such as you can get here:
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Play around, save the color.ini when you are done, rename the zip to something unique, copy it back to the ......\scheme folder on your SD Card or device, then switch to it in Settings>Map Settings>Day Map Color (and/or Night Map Color), and see it that is what you like...if not, edit some more.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby exflyboy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:37 am

Thanks YT for pointing me in the right direction, I will try to edit some schemes and see what I can come up with. By information panes I mean 'distance' 'time to go' 'time' etc. as well as the next object in the left top corner. I was wondering if Igo8 files are interchangeble with Primo 2 ones as I could dig out the relevant colour scheme file in Igo8. Just a thought. Thanks again.
exflyboy offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:43 am

exflyboy wrote:I was wondering if [color="#FF0000"]Igo8 files are interchangeble with Primo 2[/color] ones as I could dig out the relevant colour scheme file in Igo8

Most definitely 100% [color="#FF0000"]NOT[/color].
But you could certainly use them as a reference.
Good luck and have fun!
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:06 pm

exflyboy wrote: Can the GB voices say 'motorway' instead of 'highway'? Have tried to edit this myself, even with kind help from others to no avail.

Yes, I can do that for you but you must use Loquendo voices and my modified TTS_LOQ folder plus the .dlls and voices. If you're interested, ask here.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kamoteka » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:59 pm

exflyboy wrote:2. Can the GB voices say 'motorway' instead of 'highway'. Have tried to edit this myself, even with kind help from others to no avail.

What about the Kate voice I uploaded? Does that not say motorway instead of highway ?
kamoteka offline

Postby exflyboy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:36 am

kamoteka wrote:What about the Kate voice I uploaded? Does that not say motorway instead of highway ?

Hi kamoteka, unfortunately no, worked in all other voice commands except any commands with motorway/highway in them. As you were so kind to take the trouble, I didn't have the heart to tell you. On the previous message from chas521, it looks as if the loq_tts has to be modified as well. Thanks again.
exflyboy offline

Postby exflyboy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:43 am

chas521 wrote:Yes, I can do that for you but you must use Loquendo voices and my modified TTS_LOQ folder plus the .dlls and voices. If you're interested, ask here.

Yes please chas521, that would be great.
exflyboy offline

Postby kamoteka » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:55 pm

@exflyboy,

Here is a file just for you:

[Please Register or Login to download file]

This has another Kate voice file. Please try it and see if that fixes your "motorway" problem.

If not, then we'll go with the loquendo fix route.

Go to the TTS_LOQ folder and down to the sub-folder : TTS_LOQ\EnglishGB
Inside that folder, you would see a small file - EnglishGB6.9.lex.
We will need to replace that with the one on my upload (it's same name).
If you want, please save your old EnglishGB6.9.lex file, just in case you want to revert back to it.

There is also another file on my upload - lexconv.exe. This file is used to encrypt/decrypt the EnglishGB6.9.lex file. Open the EnglishGB6.9.lex with any text editor. If you can read it as regular text, that means it is not encrypted. Drag and drop it into the lexconv.exe file and it would be encrypted. If it is encrypted, drag and drop it to lexconv.exe and it would be decrypted (vice-versa). When the file is in regular text format, you can edit it with a text editor (textpad recommended) and you can add your entries to it. The one I uploaded for you has the entry:

"highway" = "motorway"

There is some quirk with editing this file though. If you start with the original lex file (it's about 45 to 47 kb), you can only insert at the top, if you insert anywhere else, it may not work, and your loquendo voice would become totally silent!

Thanks.
kamoteka offline

Postby exflyboy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi kamoteka
have downloased the file, unfortunately it's password protected. Would appreciate the password or if you could send another unprotected file. Thanks.
exflyboy offline

Postby kamoteka » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:34 am

Password is : kamoteque
kamoteka offline

Postby exflyboy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:10 am

Thanks kamoteka, so far so good, checks out on voice test. Will get back to you when I get the chance to do the practical
exflyboy offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:46 pm

exflyboy wrote:Thanks kamoteka, so far so good, checks out on voice test. Will get back to you when I get the chance to do the practical

I wasn't able to go online yesterday but I see that you've been working with Kamoteka. He knows what he's doing so I'll kinda back off but I will keep reading whatever posts you make.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby exflyboy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi again kamoteka, replaced Kate voice file, replaced dictionary file in tts_loq and Kate now says MOTORWAY!! Thanks very much for your help, in fact, thanks to all of you guys, really appreciate it.
exflyboy offline

Previous

Return to General Discussions about iGO core