Primo map colours in IGO8 ?   

Primo map colours in IGO8 ?

Postby janbros » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi all,

I am still very happy with my GPS on paper, but recently I got hold of over 15 Alpine blackbird GPS' (recovered from a pallet that was going to a recycler, I believe some Alpine shop emptied it's closets) off which 12 are still working :cool:

So as any guy would do, I started playing with them :D . I can now unlock the PMD-B100 and the pmd-B200 v2.0 (no luck in trying to unlock the first versions off the 200). After playing with different satnav programs, I found the IGO's to be the easiest to set up/use so have been playing with them for some time now.

I would opt for Primo 2.0, but it's a bit too heavy for the device. as long as you stay on track it's ok, but it's very slow recalculating new routes. I guess it's down to the fact they only have 64mb.

IGO 8 (I have version 8.3.5.193799) is fine and does everything I want it to do, except I find the colours too ugly, especialy the dark green.

So I would like to use the map colours off the standard primo with the IGO 8. Have been searching the web and playing a bit with IGO8 editor, IGOskinwizard, WinCE emulator, ... but I just can't seem to figure out where excactly the map colours are stored, as changes to them seem to depend on the scheme's AND the skin's :think:

Can anybody help me with this ? I am using the PMD-B200P with WinCE4.2, 64mb ram, IGO 8.3.5.193799 and still in doubt about what skin. skin options :

iGo 8.3 Plus² 0.9pre (Rev 196+)
ICARO 617 - 12Cat SPPC
kikker 3.2

and another question : is there a way for IGO8.3 to save user angle in 3D ? I do not really like too flat angle in Kikker.
janbros offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:48 pm

What are your plans for the multiple devices? Did you read this http://www.navitotal.com/announcement.php?f=65
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby janbros » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:35 pm

I'm from Belgium, so my English isn't perfect and not sure what you mean.

If you want to know if all this is for me to make some money out if them, the answer is no. I only have the GPS units + 4 poweradapters for in the house. the power conector is very special and specific for the Alpine I believe. I have cut one cord so I can use a usb car adapter but that's not good for selling. I also have no "things" for them to stick them in and mount them in the car. Everything I would need to buy to be able to sell them probably costs more than what I could get for them. I've already given a couple units away for free to friends of mine.

For the one I would be using myself, I would much more prefer the softer colours of Primo, that's all and that's the reason for my question ;-)
janbros offline

iGO8 schemes

Postby bazzle » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:55 am

[Please Register or Login to download file]

VW light may be what you want?

Bazzle
bazzle offline

User avatar Senior Member

Postby janbros » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Tnx for those .

I've taken a picture :

middle one is VW light. as you can see, arround the road it is indeed light, but the mass of the green countryside is still the dark IGO green (not very clear on picture) :(
however : the pistachia (top on picture) comes close to what I want. I do not care for high detail, I just want a soft map where everything is simple. just like this one, but I prefer the green countryside to be green and not yellow.
bottom one is Primo standard colours.

so I ran Primo on a WinCE emulator and got the important colours with color vieuwer :

green : 140,227,148
grey : 189,170,140
blue (water) : 132,170,222
yellow for roades : 239,235,8

I also ran IGO8 with the pistachia scheme to detect the colours and tried to locate them in the color.ini file, and thought to just swap them with the Primo colors, but for example I couldn't find anything really close to the yellow :think:

could someone explain what is what in the color.ini file of a scheme ? or change the pistachia scheme with the Primo colors for me ?
janbros offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:22 pm

janbros wrote:green : 140,227,148
grey : 189,170,140
blue (water) : 132,170,222
yellow for roades : 239,235,8

These are just RGB colour codes, where 0,0,0 is black and 255,255,255 is white.

255,0,0 is red, 0,255,0 is green and 0,0,255 is blue etc...

Just edit the numbers until you're happy, please note do not unzip the file, use winrar and work inside the archive otherwise you may find it doesn't work.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby janbros » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:55 pm

I'm close to a solution now :o
I didn't have the demographics file in the emulator, so that's why the pistachia turned out so yellow (which I thought was odd because of the colour of pistache ice-cream :wallbash:

but I only figured that out after I had transfered manualy all the primo colors to a igo8 scheme and that turned yellow to ... just some minor tweeking to do now .

and regarding the zip : I use winzip 8.0 and it has no problems what so ever unzipping and rezipping scheme's :thumbup:
janbros offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core