Primo Licence   

Primo Licence

Postby snakeoil » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:15 pm

I have an XGody sat nav. I have found much newer maps than what they offer as updates. I installed them in the unit fine and left the old licence as well as the new ones. Now when i turn off the Primo software the unit also reboots. Took out the old licence and it wont even start up so put them back in.
Does the primo software also need a licence? Am i mixing genuine software with cracked maps? I always presumed teh XGody was one copy duplicated millions of times at some dodgy factory.

If there is a mix licence issue i will presume i can delete the software in the unit and start again with a copy of primo from here. In fact i have a copy from here in an old Binatone that may work. That is 5" though and my XGody 7"

Any thoughts, pointers.

Thanks
snakeoil offline

Re: Primo Licence

Postby JmaCWQ » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:55 am

Doubtful Xgody would be legit, if software works ok with it's current licenses it most likely pays to leave them as they are and not put others in.
Perhaps try removing any newer licenses you added leaving only the originals and trying it.
If that doesn't work then try renaming the Save folder before starting it up, that will reset everything back to default.
Software made for a 5" may or may not work on a 7" unless it has proper multi resolution capabilities.
It's possible it will run but be only the small resolution used on the 5" and not cover the whole screen as intended, or it might not run at all and throw a message about unsupported resolution or similar.
JmaCWQ offline

User avatar Junior Member

Return to General Discussions about iGO core