My Primo 2 keeps defaulting to Meters/Kilometers I want Feet   

My Primo 2 keeps defaulting to Meters/Kilometers I want Feet

Postby adrianmol » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:46 am

Every time I switch on my device I have to go into Settings\Regional\Units and Formats\Distance and reset my device to Miles/Feet otherwise because defaults to Kilometres/Metres

I have searched all the system.txt threads but I cannot find a reference to Distance. On my device I have searched the Primo\Save\Profiles\01\System.ini. The closest I have come is Units=2 (or 1 or 0) but adding this to system.txt does not work.

I'm sure the solution is simple.
Adrianmol

Primo 2 - Favourite Skin Decent_Colour_Multi 3.8. I have created my own Schemes & dayheightcolor.bmps that work well in bright light for use on a motorcycle and in a convertible. I like being able to customise my GPS to suit me.

iGo8 8.3.4 - Favourite Skin diMka 1.1.39(c) Tomsoft. After using diMka for over a year I now find that having 22 buttons on a screen is just too complicated when driving.
adrianmol offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:41 am

Post the sys.txt here so we can check it, but sometimes you just need to delete the save directory and start again.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby NRT » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:52 am

Could he be using a write protected sd card?
NRT offline

User avatar Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:59 am

Could be, but I'm sure an error message comes up about it.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrianmol » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi,

As suggested I have deleted the folder Primo\Save\*.* from my device. I then created a new (empty) folder named Primo\Save. I switched on the Device and went through the Configuration and Settings options. The device defaulted to Miles/Feet until half way through the process when it when back to Kilometres/Metres so I ran the Configuration again at the end, powered off and checked the contents of the new Primo\Save directory. The text files now hold many more values than they did before.

I copied the following from the Save\Profiles\01\system.txt file into the system.txt in the Primo route folder. I also deleted a duplicate line in my profiles\01\system.txt which set Units="1".

[regional]
lang_path_hint="lang\Lang_English-uk.zip"
language_key="english GB"
language_lcid="2057"
units="2"
voice_key="tts_loq_eng_uk_f1"
voice_path_hint="voice\Voice_TTS-loq-eng-uk-f1.zip"

All this seems to work OK so my device now defaults to Miles/Feet. I have also had to override the Speed Voice Warnings which I keep setting to "Off" and the device keeps saving as "On". I am a bit disappointed with Primo because this never happened to me in iGo8.

Thanks
Adrianmol

Primo 2 - Favourite Skin Decent_Colour_Multi 3.8. I have created my own Schemes & dayheightcolor.bmps that work well in bright light for use on a motorcycle and in a convertible. I like being able to customise my GPS to suit me.

iGo8 8.3.4 - Favourite Skin diMka 1.1.39(c) Tomsoft. After using diMka for over a year I now find that having 22 buttons on a screen is just too complicated when driving.
adrianmol offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Thanks for the update :D

Out of interest where did you download your copy of Primo and do you have any skins installed?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:09 pm

adrianmol wrote:I copied the following from the Save\Profiles\01\system.txt file into the system.txt in the Primo route folder. I also deleted a duplicate line in my profiles\01\system.txt which set Units="1".

None of that should be necessary.
adrianmol wrote:I am a bit disappointed with Primo because this never happened to me in iGo8.

My feeling is that you are not experiencing the 'normal' Primo functioning because you may not have a 'normal' Primo install.
Evidenced by this:

adrianmol wrote:voice_key="tts_loq_eng_uk_f1"

Which indicates a Loquendo voice that somebody had to make or modify to use in Primo 2, since the native, unmodified versions of Primo 2 do not use Loquendo voices. So all bets are off as to how such a 'Frankenstein Build' may work or function. My guess is that you will continue to have unusual circumstances and odd problems.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrianmol » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:05 am

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. My Primo seems fine now but I will bear what you say in mind.
Adrianmol

adrianmol offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:28 pm

adrianmol wrote:Hi, Thanks for the feedback. My Primo seems fine now but I will bear what you say in mind.

Could you make a screenshot of your SD card? Thanks.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrianmol » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi,
I'm not sure what you mean by a screenshot of my SD card. If you could clarify I will send a copy.
Adrian
Adrianmol

adrianmol offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:31 pm

Like this:

(which is probably quite similar to what you have)
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrianmol » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:48 pm

I attach a copy of the Primo folder I backed up on day 1.

Adrian
Adrianmol

adrianmol offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:15 pm

adrianmol wrote:4414

I attach a copy of the Primo folder I backed up on day 1.

Adrian

I asked you to do that because I wanted to see your set-up. It looks kinda OK but I have to ask why you have so MANY different language dlls? Do you speak and need all those different languages? Also, why do you have two Greek language dlls? Both of these things could be causing the errors.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrianmol » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi,

What you see is what I received. I normally delete the language DLLs except for English and maybe French. I also backup and delete all the Schemes, Cars, demonstation files etc that I won't be using. I think I will continue to hard code common values in the sys.txt file and store the other variables in the save\profile folders where I have one for the Default skin and one for the Decent Color 3.8 Skin.

I am pleased with the assistance I have had from this site to enable me to create a Biker friendly Scheme which works in sunshine i.e. bold colors for the roads with a mostly white background.
Adrianmol

adrianmol offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:28 pm

adrianmol wrote:Hi,

What you see is what I received. I normally delete the language DLLs except for English and maybe French. I also backup and delete all the Schemes, Cars, demonstation files etc that I won't be using. I think I will continue to hard code common values in the sys.txt file and store the other variables in the save\profile folders where I have one for the Default skin and one for the Decent Color 3.8 Skin.

I am pleased with the assistance I have had from this site to enable me to create a Biker friendly Scheme which works in sunshine i.e. bold colors for the roads with a mostly white background.

I can see that you're one of the good guys! Some time ago, I modified Kate's Loquendo TTS voice to be 20% louder and much quicker with her verbal navigational commands. If you're interested, download it from [Please Register or Login to download file]

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core