Primo 2 does not announce voice directions sometimes   

Primo 2 does not announce voice directions sometimes

Postby bayasaag » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:47 pm

Hello guys,

My primo 2 doesn't give voice directions (e.g "turn right") sometimes. It mutes the radio and keeps silent. After a few turns though, it does say the voice directions. And the problem comes on and off as I follow the route. Whether it says the directions or not, the background music (radio/cd) is muted. I tried it with non-TTS and TTS voices. Does anyone know a fix to make Primo announce voice commands all the time?

Below are some extra details:
1. Device: Boss BV9370NV. WinCE 6.0. 105MB RAM. 800x480 screen. 2Din unit. The map software that came with the unit (PolNav) doesn't have the problem.

2. I got the Primo 2 program from here. http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?9656-iGo-Primo-2.0-Build-9.6.5.211211-%28Dec-07-2011%29-Torrent-TBM
Used the non-TTS and TTS voice files from the same link. Didn't use the skins. Kept the sys.txt file the same except adding the GPS com port and baud rate. Tried it with Navteq USA maps and Navteq and TA POIs.

3. I didn't try any other build of Primo2 or iGo or any other navigation programs (except the PolNav that came with the unit). The PolNav maps were outdated and the manufacturer's link for updating maps didn't work. So I started digging online and Primo 2 seems to be the best, but I don't know what are the advantages and disadvantages of Primo 2 (vs Primo1, iGo8 etc). So I'm open to trying other builds/programs if that's better for a 2 Din unit. Suggestions are welcome.

4. I'm just learning about navigation softwares and WinCE. So you can explain things in details like I'm a newbie, I won't get offended. :)

I think that's all the info. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks for your time! ;)
bayasaag offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bayasaag » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I added "[sound]" header and wrote the following to the sys.txt. The problem is still there though. :(

std_muting_device_needed=1
app_message_start="NAV_VOICE_GUIDANCE"
app_wparam_start=1
app_message_stop="NAV_VOICE_GUIDANCE"
app_wparam_stop=0
effect_muted=1
use_os_volume=1
bayasaag offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:33 pm

std_muting_device_needed=1

effect_muted=1
use_os_volume=1

Try swapping the 1's for 0's in these lines, occasionally you have to do the opposite...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bayasaag » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:26 pm

I tried replacing the 1s with 0s. It seemed like all the sound settings went back to default. I had muted the click/button sound, but it turned on. The button sounds mutes the radio and plays fine. But some direction commands still doesn't play even though the radio is muted. Any ideas?

By the way, after i changed the sys.txt file, the headunit shows a blue screen after I reach my destination and turn off Primo. The radio still plays but the screen is unresponsive with blue screen. I restart the headunit and the screen is fine.
bayasaag offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:44 pm

If you undid all the changes but turned on the button click, does it still mute the radio as it does now with the changes?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bayasaag » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:53 am

I undid all the changes and the button click sound went away (as it had previously been muted in the settings). So when I click on buttons in Primo, the radio is not interrupted. However, the direction commands still have problem playing sometimes.
bayasaag offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:54 am

Try turning off all other sounds like speed camera voices and alert beeps, so the only sound primo makes is the guidance voice, I find primo can only say one thing at a time and if it's already talking when it needs to say something else it cuts off the first voice. So it may be cutting of theguidance voice for something else.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bayasaag » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:31 pm

I did that. It still have the same problems. But now, it at least sometimes announces directions around 300ft before an intersection. It didn't do that before I muted everything in Primo except the master sound and directions sound. Any other suggestions I could try? :wallbash:
bayasaag offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:17 pm

I don't but maybe another member has...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby laciii » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:45 pm

Hello,

Same problem here... :(

... still searching for solution, but without any success as for now. :(
laciii offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:51 pm

laciii wrote:Hello,

Same problem here... :(

... still searching for solution, but without any success as for now. :(

What program are you using? Where did you get it? Have you tried other voices in your program? Have you tried another version? What is your device and specifications?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core