primo calculates incorrectly?   

primo calculates incorrectly?

Postby eskro » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:02 am

i know PRIMO is not #1 yet,

but my question is this, have you guys found that primo calculates incorrectly?

Like example,

i know that my brother's house is like 20 KM from mine

and i know its a 23 minutes drive to get there... been there so many times :P

So iGO8 gives the correct info which is, my bro's house at 20 KM & 23 minutes from here....

but not PRIMO though...

PRIMO tells me, my bro's house at 20 KM & 35 minutes from mine....

so PRIMO ad's up like 12 minutes to iGO8's calculation of the same address...

but weird thing is, iGO8 and PRIMO both gave me the exact same route directions to get there...

You guys run into the same "finding"?

thanx
1.[color="red"] Engine[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] iGO 8.3.4.102680
2. [color="red"]Maps[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NavteQ 2010.Q4 North America
3. [color="red"]Pois[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Tele Atlas Premium 2010.06 North America
4. [color="red"]Skin[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Choup 6.9c EUR+
5. [color="red"]Voice[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] TTS Juliette 2.9 f1hmq-Mikado
6. [color="red"]3D Buildings[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2008.02 North America
7. [color="red"]3D Landmarks[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2009.09 North America
8. [color="red"]3D Terrain[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG North America
eskro offline

User avatar Premium Member

Postby chas521 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:32 pm

It sounds like you have not been reading my earlier posts. I have been saying for a long time now that Primo does not seem to navigate as well as iGO or Amigo and adds a lot of unnecessary turns and such. This is why I don't like Primo.
Honestly, I don't use Primo because I don't like it. So it doesn't really mean too much to me about the time difference. Besides, it's only an estimate.

You have to know that two different teams created both programs so elements are going to be different. Just make sure that EVERY option in both programs are exactly the same if you desire to compare correctly. I'm sure you have but nevertheless.........
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby eskro » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:58 pm

well in my finding, iGO8 and PRIMO both gave me the exact same turn by turn route directions to get to my brothers house....

but PRIMO says its 35 minutes and iGO8 says 23 minutes....
1.[color="red"] Engine[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] iGO 8.3.4.102680
2. [color="red"]Maps[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NavteQ 2010.Q4 North America
3. [color="red"]Pois[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Tele Atlas Premium 2010.06 North America
4. [color="red"]Skin[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Choup 6.9c EUR+
5. [color="red"]Voice[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] TTS Juliette 2.9 f1hmq-Mikado
6. [color="red"]3D Buildings[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2008.02 North America
7. [color="red"]3D Landmarks[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2009.09 North America
8. [color="red"]3D Terrain[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG North America
eskro offline

User avatar Premium Member

Return to General Discussions about iGO core