Primo 2 and truck POI   

Primo 2 and truck POI

Postby victor42 » Sun May 13, 2012 8:32 am

looking for mainly uk truck poi on primo 2,any pointers to links much appreciated
victor42 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun May 13, 2012 8:41 am

As far as I know (maybe I'm wrong?), there are no POI sets specific exclusively to 'truck'...at least I have never seen any.
Which mapsets/POIs are you currently using, and what is it you want to accomplish, exactly?
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby victor42 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:07 am

think maybe POI is the wrong term,i meant things like heights,lengths etc.got myself one of the modest priced chinese jobs,just thought it could be a little better,it wont connect to my pc,so can't update.was thinking of starting with different software.
victor42 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun May 13, 2012 10:19 am

victor42 wrote:i meant things like heights,lengths etc

OK. For that, you need the *.ftr (truck routing) add-on files for your mapset. If you use Teleatlas (TomTom) maps, you need the FTR files specific for those maps, and if you use Navteq maps, you need the FTR files for those. You cannot mix Navteq/TomTom FTR files.
Which do you have, what year by quarter are the maps, and for what countries do you want?
And all this is assuming you will continue (or start?) to use Primo.
Is Primo installed on the device right now?
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby victor42 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:36 am

i have no idea as to which map version is on the device,the primo folder on the sd has some kind of password protection on it,an odd dialog box with a cartoon dog on it so cannot access it.i have found r3 europe 2011 q4 mentioned elsewhere so i guess this is the latest version,haven't downloaded anything yet as i'm using my sons netbook which is 'clean'.so no decision yet.i'm going to persist with the device because of its other functions.hope this makes some sense i'm relatively new to nav devices always used my n8.think this is now in the wrong thread.my apologies
victor42 offline

Postby bangerdemon » Sun May 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Sounds like the one that I had from Masaistore.

To get into the password protected part, use winrar and rar the primo folder. Move the rared file to your PC, and when you unrar it, go into the primo folder while it is unraring so that you see the content folder etc. Stay on that view until the operation has completed, then select all and move to a new folder in your documents. You now have the original Primo 1.2 installation that is no longer password protected!!!

Alan
bangerdemon offline

Postby victor42 » Thu May 17, 2012 2:47 pm

bangerdemon wrote:Sounds like the one that I had from Masaistore.

To get into the password protected part, use winrar and rar the primo folder. Move the rared file to your PC, and when you unrar it, go into the primo folder while it is unraring so that you see the content folder etc. Stay on that view until the operation has completed, then select all and move to a new folder in your documents. You now have the original Primo 1.2 installation that is no longer password protected!!!

Alan

thanks for that info Alan,it worked a treat,up and running again,cheers.
victor42 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core