primo and skin problem   

primo and skin problem

Postby meadyyyy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:16 am

small problem with primo 9.6.13.405512 and dimka wa skin (bigger problem for me)
when I start primo I get the truck settings conformation screen but icon showing is car and when I plan a route I get no warnings when entering a weight restriction area, if I re select truck from route settings the icon changes to a truck and the distance to destination increases (as though it now planning route for truck) but still get no warnings of entering weight restricted area, then when I shut down primo and re start it back to car icon.

if I put primo back in native/original mode I have no problems, get all warnings I should ie entering weight restricted area except for the very annoying speed cam beep, that why I use dimka skin as more info on screen and spoken speedcam warnings.

I did solve problem on a device I have with 480_272 resolution with dimka wa p.1.7.1 tomsoft (a.l) skin but this skin only for 480_272, I am using a 7 inch gps (800_480 resolution) tried a lot of other dimka skins on this device from p.1.7.0 up to p.1.7.4 but got same results, ie reverting back to car icon on re start and no warnings.

so, is there a way to solve issue or a way to modify the only skin I have found to work to 800_480 resolution or another skin that has spoke speedcam warnings?

thanks in advance
meadyyyy offline

Re: primo and skin problem

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Short answer: No

Editing skins is not easy, you will just end up with all sorts of errors, as changing one script affects another, you'd be better off contacting the developer with a bug report.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:40 pm

@meadyyyy

Upload your skin that works, I might be able to help you with 800_480.

Try this skin: [Please Register or Login to download file]
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby meadyyyy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:45 am

@chas521
upload to skin that works ok as follows

[Please Register or Login to download file]

tried one you provided but it didn't show up in display menu, then I noticed that in the info.ini file supported resolution was 480_272, so changed it to 800_480 then it showed up but on restart of primo got error "NAVI failed to open file "back_menu_tom.bmp#3" exiting application"
meadyyyy offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:20 pm

Try your's now:
[Please Register or Login to download file]

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby meadyyyy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:01 pm

@chas521

tried and got error "NAVI failed to open file "back_menu_tom.bmp#3" exiting application" followed by "NAVI failed to open file "back_screen_tom.bmp" exiting application"

did a comparison with 480_272 and 800_480 resolution file within skin zip and numerous bmp files missing between 2, 480_272 has more than 800_480, the 480_272 file has both the files that cause the errors and presume they are smaller than what is required for the 800_480

would it be possible to take all the files from the 480_272 resolution file (the ones that are not in the 800_480) and edit them to the size required for the 800_480 resolution file? if so, what would the percentage increase be? does it have to be exact percentage increase or can it be close to what required?
meadyyyy offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:34 pm

meadyyyy wrote:would it be possible to take all the files from the 480_272 resolution file (the ones that are not in the 800_480) and edit them to the size required for the 800_480 resolution file? if so, what would the percentage increase be? does it have to be exact percentage increase or can it be close to what required?

It's not just the graphics that need editing, you will need to change all the location data in the scripts as well.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby meadyyyy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 pm

@fatboyfun

the error message on loading related to a .bmp not found, had same error message in past before my binatone died relating to poi_map_distant.bmp and poi_map_close.bmp not found and solution was adding these 2 files to the resolution folder (files supplied by filesupload) in the zip and so solved the problem. so assumed that as problem appears to relate solution would be same, if I had files or could enlarge the ones I have I could try to see, you never know till you try as they say
meadyyyy offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:49 pm

It doesn't hurt to try. Sorry I couldn't help. I tried.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby meadyyyy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:01 pm

@chas521

am very grateful for your help, am now, maybe, a bit closer to a solution, am certainly closer than I was before
meadyyyy offline

Postby meadyyyy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:53 am

update

after a lot of reading here and there have discovered that you can use the .BMP files from the 480_272 to replace those that are missing in the 800_480 and causing the errors (show up smaller on the 800_480 screen), tried it and now primo starts and runs.

tested out and all seemed fine but have now got a new problem

when reach destination and get message on screen asking if you have reached destination, tap yes, goes to summary/shutdown screen, tap back to go back to mapscreen, type in new destination postcode and primo plans route then it just goes off, when press power button the loading bitmap shows then goes off, if I hold power button loading bitmap flashes on and off several times as if primo had froze then unit re-boots and have to start all over again.

so, progress being made

2 questions,

how can I re-size the .bmp files within the zip (.bmp files produce a corrupt or not supported message when try to extract or open)?

any suggestions as to why primo shuts down when next destination route calculated?

thanks in advance
meadyyyy offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:09 am

The bitmaps are easy, find a programme called something like ipaq31xtools, this uncompresses the bitmaps so you can edit them in paint (or whatever) then recompress then again, and then drag then back into the winrar window
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby meadyyyy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:25 pm

@fatboyfun

cheers, got it

next step is to try and find out why primo crashing after inputting next destination

have you got a latest global_cfg file? links in relevant section not working, one I have at moment is 7.66mb in size and dated 31/7/14, want to eliminate that from my list of possible causes
meadyyyy offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:06 pm

As you've been playing with skins and settings, it may be time to delete the save directory (or rename it so it can be put it back later)

Sometimes the save directory can hold on to settings that cause problems.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby meadyyyy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:32 pm

already done, learnt my lesson a while ago about deleting save file, before every skin change have deleted save file.

question, which takes preference, sys.txt in primo or system in primo/save/profiles/01?
meadyyyy offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core