A possible POI Icon problem resolution   

A possible POI Icon problem resolution

Postby kaybee327 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:43 pm

First of all sorry Chas521 could not resist playing :pray::pray:

I think I may have partly resolved the issue of changing default icons to user chosen.

Using my method does change the user icon for user entered kml but I cant get them to show in the browse map screen. If you choose find - poi then the new icon shows on map but not on browse.

I am sure there are experts (and I mean that kindly) that could probably sort out in minutes so here goes.

I have created a mini howto in word format so mods if I have posed wrong - sorry please move also problems uploading so guide can be found at

Code:

[Please Register or Login to download file]

Comments welcomed please

Keith
kaybee327 offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:53 pm

@keith

To begin with, 4shared is saying your link is invalid. When I say "If it ain't broke don't fix it" I don't own your device so what you do is completely up to you. I just can't see how messing with a working device and programs will make it work better. So I don't take the chance. If the time comes that my device will drive the car for me while I sleep well then you have something.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kaybee327 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Not trying to break or change logic of program just want to see icons that mean something.

Link corrected in previous but here is the correct one

[Please Register or Login to download file]

Keith
kaybee327 offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:31 pm

keith,
Please forgive my ignorance but what exactly are you trying to do? Is it that you are trying to add icons to the multi-icons I had you download because the icons you want do not appear? I would have thought that the 2700 I linked you to would be plenty and would cover most everything.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kaybee327 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:27 am

Hi Chas,

All I am trying to do is get the screen to show appropriate icons such as kmc for kmc , Shell for Shell garages,
Barclay's for barclays bank, Halifax for Halifax bank instead of the blue generic dollar sign for banks etc

Yes your banding.zip has a lot to choose from but 90% relate to North America and the remainder international. There are quite a lot missing for the peasants in Europe :caress:

Keith
kaybee327 offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:06 pm

[Please Register or Login to download file] has all the icons plus instructions on how to include them in iGO8. Look in the FAQs.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kaybee327 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Chas

Sorry but problem still exists - seems strange putting branding.zip into map folder though.

e.g. downloaded the 2628 icon batch by Nanuka. In it he has 2 files for banking the first contains 16 icons of which 1 relates to UK (ING) and they are not very popular here, and the other contains 100 icons of which 3 relate to UK banks.

In addition I note that in 320_240 the icons are 32x32 which is rather large 22x22 is much better.

What I may try is to include my version in zip and see what happens ( AFTER a backup of course )

Regards

Keith
kaybee327 offline

Postby Kimberly Butler » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:15 pm

just in case this helps you
heres my data.zip [Please Register or Login to download file] i made trying to get poi icons... for primo only..its 480x272. its common folder and poi icon folder(/ui_igo9/common/) & (/ui_igo9/icons/poi/) has been swaped with another one i downloaded that had fastfood icons they all work and show up in search and on map.... i just want to add coffee shops now
Kimberly Butler offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:05 am

Keith needs for iGO 8.3 but thanks anyway.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core