POIs and Speedcams   

POIs and Speedcams

Postby chas521 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:21 pm

[color="Red"]Delete all files from your content\speedcam folder [if you don't have this folder, then create it]. Copy the .txt file to the folder on your SD card, completely shutdown your GPS, wait a few seconds, restart and let the iGO program create the proper speedcam file[s]. Doesn't take long to create. You'll find the speedcam option in warnings but you need a GPS lock to see it. Not in flyover or simulation.
[/color]

A very interesting site, not only for speedcam, but for POI's too, is
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Or:

Try [Please Register or Login to download file]
It'll cost you $7 to register but that seems a small price for regularly updated speedcams.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby gordonwh40 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:35 pm

Wouldn't touch gps-data-team with a 40ft pole. I joined and due to a misunderstanding I actually joined twice. No refund of extra fee, all they did was combine two accounts. Then I made a comment about something on their website. No explanation, just blocked me, and from what i have read on other forums I am certainly not the only one. they have very thin skins and cannot take any comment which is mildly critical of them.
gordonwh40
gordonwh40 offline

Postby chas521 » Wed May 19, 2010 3:52 am

gordonwh40 wrote:Wouldn't touch gps-data-team with a 40ft pole. I joined and due to a misunderstanding I actually joined twice. No refund of extra fee, all they did was combine two accounts. Then I made a comment about something on their website. No explanation, just blocked me, and from what i have read on other forums I am certainly not the only one. they have very thin skins and cannot take any comment which is mildly critical of them.
gordonwh40

Gordon,
I'm very sorry to hear about your problems with them. When I first found them they were giving free speedcam files. In fact, I was able to download the .txt file for New York. But since then they started charging for their service - about a year ago.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core