3D petrol sations.   

3D petrol sations.

Postby accentstencil » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:33 am

I am wanting to increase the image size of the 3D petrol station images but I am not able to find a way to do this. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
I tried to ask this in another thread I have rather than start a new thread but for some reason my replies were not posted.
accentstencil offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 am

You can increase the size of any individual POI-type icons (usually .bmp) using any image editing program. However, if you go to far with enlarging, the resulting icon may look pixelated, blurry, or just plain ugly. Also, if you increase the physical size, this also increases the file size, using more memory resources to display. And, if you increase the size beyond what is usually intended for POI icons in your resolution, they may not display at all or result in an error.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby accentstencil » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:38 am

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:You can increase the size of any individual POI-type icons (usually .bmp) using any image editing program. However, if you go to far with enlarging, the resulting icon may look pixelated, blurry, or just plain ugly. Also, if you increase the physical size, this also increases the file size, using more memory resources to display. And, if you increase the size beyond what is usually intended for POI icons in your resolution, they may not display at all or result in an error.
Thank you for the reply. These images are not like the normal POI icons, they are more like a small image of a petrol station. The 3D petrol station folder is in the Building folder along with the 3D landmarks but when I open the petrol station folder with text pad it is just a whole bunch of strange letters and symbols that mean nothing to me. I guess what I am trying to say is, I can't find the images.
accentstencil offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Ah, OK. So are you talking about a .3DL file such as *_petrol.3dl? If so, then no, you will not be able to edit or change the images produced by that compiled file, and there are no settings within the Nav program that will accomplish modifying the size either. They are what they are.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby accentstencil » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:Ah, OK. So are you talking about a .3DL file such as *_petrol.3dl? If so, then no, you will not be able to edit or change the images produced by that compiled file, and there are no settings within the Nav program that will accomplish modifying the size either. They are what they are.
Thank you very much for clearing that up, I can stop looking now.
accentstencil offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core