Noob, need help with new "map" & "poi" files !!!   

Noob, need help with new "map" & "poi" files !!!

Postby usef » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi guys im a total noob and need some help with my new gps system I received.

I currently have "Canada83_NT_2011.Q2_111004" for maps and "Canada_NT_2011.Q2_110721" for pois. They seem to be out of date and I've looked through the forums and seen alot of new maps and pois.

My problem is im not too sure which files I should update with. Can anyone please help me ???
usef offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby nabi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:36 pm

These 2011Q4 are the latest: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?9720-iGO-R3-Primo-MyWay-%28NAVTEQ%29-USA-Canada-2011.Q4%28Released-2012.04%29-Direct-Download
though the download may be a bit slow.

When you settle for slightly older maps (2011Q3) but a quick(er) download (torrent) : http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?9646-Navteq-USA-Canada-2011-Q3-Torrent
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:13 pm

usef wrote:im a total noob and need some help with my new gps system I received.

I don't know what your new system is, or what software is on it (I guess nobody knows but maybe you), but if it is an "official" iGo release from the manufacturer, you may not be able to update the maps on it without switching to a 'fixed' version such as can be downloaded from here.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Correct, but my advise remains: first update the maps, then worry about the license - it could work without any problem since the maps on the device are not that old.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby chas521 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:27 pm

usef wrote:Hi guys im a total noob and need some help with my new gps system I received.

I currently have "Canada83_NT_2011.Q2_111004" for maps and "Canada_NT_2011.Q2_110721" for pois. They seem to be out of date and I've looked through the forums and seen alot of new maps and pois.

My problem is i'm not too sure which files I should update with. Can anyone please help me ???

Here ya go for Canada fbl for maps [content\map] and poi [content\poi] [Please Register or Login to download file]

PW: navitotal
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby usef » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:49 pm

nabi wrote:These 2011Q4 are the latest: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?9720-iGO-R3-Primo-MyWay-%28NAVTEQ%29-USA-Canada-2011.Q4%28Released-2012.04%29-Direct-Download
though the download may be a bit slow.

When you settle for slightly older maps (2011Q3) but a quick(er) download (torrent) : http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?9646-Navteq-USA-Canada-2011-Q3-Torrent

Thanks for the links.

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:I don't know what your new system is, or what software is on it (I guess nobody knows but maybe you), but if it is an "official" iGo release from the manufacturer, you may not be able to update the maps on it without switching to a 'fixed' version such as can be downloaded from here.

Sorry, I forgot to mention it earlier. I have a aftermarket Chinese headunit that came with my Honda. Im sure it can be updated, I just needed the right files.

chas521 wrote:Here ya go for Canada fbl for maps [content\map] and poi [content\poi] [Please Register or Login to download file]

Gonna give this a try first. THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!
usef offline

Postby usef » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:28 pm

chas521 wrote:Here ya go for Canada fbl for maps [content\map] and poi [content\poi] [Please Register or Login to download file]

Thanks again chas521. Tried the files today and they work fine (didn't have the new roads I was expecting but its still newer than the ones I had)

One last question so I hopefully dont need to ask again when there is a newer update...

What should I be looking for next time in the thread title when searching for the right files ? How do I know which files will work with my iGo program ?
usef offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:17 pm

usef wrote:What should I be looking for next time in the thread title when searching for the right files ?

Almost all new map files are posted here as soon as they become available:
-Maps-buildings-dem-POI

Understand that there is always a delay/lag for new releases. For example, the latest new maps are Q1 2012 (first Quarter 2012) even though we are currently in the 2nd quarter of the year. Sometimes, the delay is even longer depending on the region and how many actual changes are necessary to the maps.
Though it would seem that, by the Q number, new maps would be released 4 times per year, this is not always the case.

All you have to do is look for the region you need.
Sometimes, certain individual maps are kept by some of us and posted on request (usually a smaller set for individual countries, etc).
You can always make a request here if you can't find what you need:
Requests-Make-your-requests-for-iGo-Primo-here

usef wrote:How do I know which files will work with my iGo program ?

Any current map files are compatible with all versions of iGo/Primo starting with iGo 8.3x and up.
Though some newer add-on map features/files may only apply to versions of Primo.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:39 pm

usef wrote: Tried the files today and they work fine (didn't have the new roads I was expecting but its still newer than the ones I had)

See? What did I tell you? Worry about the license later, when needed.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby usef » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:Almost all new map files are posted here as soon as they become available:
-Maps-buildings-dem-POI

Understand that there is always a delay/lag for new releases. For example, the latest new maps are Q1 2012 (first Quarter 2012) even though we are currently in the 2nd quarter of the year. Sometimes, the delay is even longer depending on the region and how many actual changes are necessary to the maps.
Though it would seem that, by the Q number, new maps would be released 4 times per year, this is not always the case.

All you have to do is look for the region you need.
Sometimes, certain individual maps are kept by some of us and posted on request (usually a smaller set for individual countries, etc).
You can always make a request here if you can't find what you need:
Requests-Make-your-requests-for-iGo-Primo-here

Any current map files are compatible with all versions of iGo/Primo starting with iGo 8.3x and up.
Though some newer add-on map features/files may only apply to versions of Primo.

Ok thank you !!!

nabi wrote:See? What did I tell you? Worry about the license later, when needed.

I was never worried. I knew that I could update, just needed the right files. It was the other member that mentioned the license. ;)
usef offline

Postby nabi » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:45 am

usef wrote:I was never worried. I knew that I could update, just needed the right files. It was the other member that mentioned the license. ;)

Don't be that sure ;), the next update or one or two later and you'll be asking how come the map is not found. It depends on the license supplied by the purchase. NavNGo doesn't supply lifetime licenses, not that I have seen.

So that "other member", I assume you mean Yurbuh Tuggly who is highly respected for his knowledge and expertise (just look at the numbers he is thanked for his answers), was absolutely right and only making my answer complete. Mine was correct in your case, but in other cases ....
Soon another noob will show up, thinking that a new map will be all he needs, then see it's not working. And will point to my first answer, concluding something is rotten, possibly me. :rofl_mini:
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby chas521 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:28 pm

One more thing, Yurbuh Tuggly is MORE than just a member here. He is a moderator. He was not just picked because he has "some" knowledge. :clapping_mini:
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Awwww gosh guys.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core