My new Primo 2 software is not showing 3D elevation   

My new Primo 2 software is not showing 3D elevation

Postby adrianmol » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:49 am

I have one question. On my previous device I used the Xerses Schemes in iGo8 and in 2D they gave me really good contour maps, also when I zoomed out in 3D. Using my new Primo 2 - iGo9 software the 2D elevation is greyed out in map settings and there is no sense of elevation or contours when zooming out or in 3D navigation. So when I look at the Alps all I get is the flat 'Ground' colour

I have copied up the Xerses V10 Schemes and they work OK except for complete lack of elevation or contours It is the same with diMka or the default Skin. I have tried replacing the standard DayHeightColor.bmp in Data. zip/ui_iGo9/common on Primo 2 with the DayHeightColorMap.bmp from the Xerses scheme but it makes no difference. I hope that someone advise how or where the map elevation can be turned on? Many thanks
Adrianmol

Primo 2 - Favourite Skin Decent_Colour_Multi 3.8. I have created my own Schemes & dayheightcolor.bmps that work well in bright light for use on a motorcycle and in a convertible. I like being able to customise my GPS to suit me.

iGo8 8.3.4 - Favourite Skin diMka 1.1.39(c) Tomsoft. After using diMka for over a year I now find that having 22 buttons on a screen is just too complicated when driving.
adrianmol offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:09 am

Do you have the dem file installed?

Content\dem\*.dem
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrianmol » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:51 am

Hi Fatboy,

Thank you for the reply. On my Primo 2 the content\dem\file is empty

Adrianmol
Adrianmol

Primo 2 - Favourite Skin Decent_Colour_Multi 3.8. I have created my own Schemes & dayheightcolor.bmps that work well in bright light for use on a motorcycle and in a convertible. I like being able to customise my GPS to suit me.

iGo8 8.3.4 - Favourite Skin diMka 1.1.39(c) Tomsoft. After using diMka for over a year I now find that having 22 buttons on a screen is just too complicated when driving.
adrianmol offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:55 am

Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrianmol » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi FatBoyFun,

I have copied the file 'Europe_TA.dem' from my older iGo8 device on to my Primo 2 device into the folder content\dem\ and it works. I now have all my 3D map contours. Thank you very much, please mark this thread as SOLVED
Adrianmol

adrianmol offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core