New to Primo 2.0, How to get Asia Maps?   

New to Primo 2.0, How to get Asia Maps?

Postby Limilicious » Wed May 30, 2012 11:21 pm

I've been searching around the site and from google but I don't seem to be able to locate any Asia Maps. I saw a thread in the How to and someone found the Taiwan Maps. But I couldn't really find it myself. Maybe I'm not very talented at it. I also wanted to know where to get like Chinese fonts. I installed an older version of iGO before, I think it was 8.3 or 8.4. It had options of having Chinese fonts, Cantonese/Mandarin voices, but all these options that included Chinese characters ended up as boxes. That How to thread that I found had a link to solve that but it was linked to megaupload. So it is dead.

Thanks for any replies.
Limilicious offline

Postby nabi » Thu May 31, 2012 6:36 am

We had few Asian members in the past, thus few members that offered Asian content. My impression was (is) that NavNGo is not very interested in the Asian market. Better said: I don't know that for sure at all. Point is that I read/hear/see nothing new since the 8.2 Chinese build, published in 2008, when I am correct about the year. And that build was a beta !

Other correction: I don't read or speak Chinese, so it's possible much content (maps, languages, voices, ... ) is available - on Chinese websites - but I simply am not aware of it. Do not forget Android and iPhone iGO/Primo opened new possibilities in Asia.

And lately, we have even fewer Asian Members since the Chinese version of Navitotal started. I imagine that is where all Asians have gone to.
Therefor you maybe better ask there? [Please Register or Login to download file] . They do have an iGO section and they should know.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Limilicious » Thu May 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks dude!! I checked out the link and browsed around. I couldn't find a whole lot on maps. But I did for languages and voices. Greatly appreciated.

Edit: I live in Toronto, Canada. I just tried the Cantonese/Mandarin voices. I think if you understand English, at a reasonable level, you would definitely want the English voices. I don't know French or the other default languages but the Cantonese/Mandarin voices are very rough and choppy (OR really fast but smooth) such that it is annoying. =X
Limilicious offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core