Do I need to update my device at all?>its been a while   

Do I need to update my device at all?>its been a while

Postby marcy99 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:52 pm

Hello everyone long time no speak I am loving my iGO primo I use it all the time. However, I was wondering if there were any updates as it now says my map is out of date. The details of my unit are

iGO primo 9.2.1.178659
3D buildings UK 2008.04
3D Landmarks UK 2008.04
Junction view NNG
Maps UK 2010.06 DataSource 2006-2010 TeleAtlas BV
Places UK 2010.06
UK premium 2010.03

Anything you can suggest to advise me with would as always be appreciated.
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I am part of the contribution community - I have donated, have you? [/size][/font] :naughty:
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Updated maps (Navteq 2011 Q1 Europe) can be found here

I use the above Navteq maps and driver alerts, and Teleatlas for POI's, (2010.09) Buildings (2009.12) etc...

I think that's the best combination for the UK. :thumbup:

I'm still using Primo 1.1 as it's more suited to most of my devices and one has iGO 8.3 for the same reason.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby marcy99 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:03 am

Fatboyfun wrote:Updated maps (Navteq 2011 Q1 Europe) can be found here

Thanks I have updated my map now and an address that I spent ages trying to find yesterday is now showing on the new map lol

I use the above Navteq maps and driver alerts, and Teleatlas for POI's, (2010.09) Buildings (2009.12) etc...

I couldn't find the buildings in the link supplied it said that I needed another part to unrar.

Thanks for the help anyways.

Marcy
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I am part of the contribution community - I have donated, have you? [/size][/font] :naughty:
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:21 am

Navteq maps (for the UK at least) contain more roads and more address detail while Teleatlas poi's and buildings have much more data in them.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby marcy99 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:53 am

I have just updated the Primo version as well, it took me 30 minutes as I did it slowly replacing each file at a time to see if it loaded ok. The only problem I came across was the 320 screen resolution but i got there in the end. The trick is to do slowly with trial and error. I particularly like the voice activation pity I can't use it though.

Can anyone that is reading this please tell me what are tt nuance voices and do I need them? at the moment I have a women telling me the names of the streets are they nuance voices? I haven't updated the voices since last year 2010. Should I ?
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby RoadnTrail » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi,

I updated the NA maps with Navteq. I did not know that I could use Teleatlas POI's and building with the Navteq maps.

1. Should the Teleatlas POI's and buildings be better for NA?

2. Is there a way to use both or toggle between each of them?

I found that my small business is no longer in the Navteq POI's. But I know where it is. Some restaurants and stores were not listed.

I am using iGO8.

Thanks
RoadnTrail offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:32 pm

RoadnTrail wrote:Hi,

I updated the NA maps with Navteq. I did not know that I could use Teleatlas POI's and building with the Navteq maps.

1. Should the Teleatlas POI's and buildings be better for NA?

2. Is there a way to use both or toggle between each of them?

I found that my small business is no longer in the Navteq POI's. But I know where it is. Some restaurants and stores were not listed.

I am using iGO8.

Thanks

1. Yes they are! You can combine POIs and buildings but NOT maps.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby marcy99 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Can anyone that is reading this please tell me what are tt nuance pro voices and do I need them? at the moment I have a women telling me the names of the streets are they nuance voices? I haven't updated the voices since last year 2010. Should I ?
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:57 pm

marcy99 wrote:at the moment I have a women telling me the names of the streets

If you are hearing street names, they are TTS voices (Text To Speech). They may be Nuance, they may be modified Loquendo. If they work, there is no need to 'update' anything--unless you want different accents or gender voices.
One exception to this is, if using Navteq maps, and you want Driver Alerts, there are voices available that have already been modified for this feature, or you can do it yourself.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby RoadnTrail » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Is there any way to have both Navteq and Teleatlas POI's and buildings and be able to toggle between the two?
RoadnTrail offline

Postby nabi » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:08 pm

No.
Having and NT and TA POI's and buildings will give double icons and double buildings on the screen. The list of POI's will show double entries.
No way to get around that
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby marcy99 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:If you are hearing street names, they are TTS voices (Text To Speech). They may be Nuance, they may be modified Loquendo. If they work, there is no need to 'update' anything--unless you want different accents or gender voices.
One exception to this is, if using Navteq maps, and you want Driver Alerts, there are voices available that have already been modified for this feature, or you can do it yourself.

I bit the bullet and went for it and followed the links and they have installed perfectly. The voices are so much better and the fact that they give you the alerts is a bonus. I am well on my way now. This site is the best, such nice friendly people like yourself, chas, nabi, downunder, fatboyfun, absolutely great thank you so much for your time answering my questions.
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:33 pm

marcy99 wrote:The voices are so much better and the fact that they give you the alerts is a bonus.

Great!
Glad you are happy.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby RoadnTrail » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Where do I get the latest POI's and Buildings for NA using Teleatlas. I use iGO8, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.
RoadnTrail offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:27 pm

RoadnTrail wrote:Where do I get the latest POI's and Buildings for NA using Teleatlas. I use iGO8, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Did you think to look in the maps section here http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?6323-US-Canada.2011.Q1.%28Teleatlas-TomTom%29.Maps-for-iGO8-Primo
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core