need to install igo on via michelin x950t   

need to install igo on via michelin x950t

Postby rajawi78 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:11 pm

hello to all

i need big help

i need to install igo in my via michelin x950 t please

i have only 1gb card and i need some europe countries only not all europe map ( only france belgium spain germany ) please

thank you very much to all
rajawi78 offline

Postby catsmokey » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:12 pm

checkout http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?4940-HOW-TO-INSTALL-iGO-PRIMO-ON-A-VIAMICHELIN-X960&highlight=viamichelin
u may not be able to install primo on ur device & may be better off with igo8 ~ the procedure for installing it would be similar.
all the best catsmokey
catsmokey offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby rajawi78 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:56 pm

ok thanks so i need to install igo8 and no primo

and what files i need and where to find it for example for maps i need some specific countries like france belgium spain germany only because i have only 1go sd card

thanks
rajawi78 offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:13 am

rajawi78 wrote:ok thanks so i need to install igo8 and no primo

and what files i need and where to find it for example for maps i need some specific countries like france belgium spain germany only because i have only 1go sd card

thanks

iGO8 program http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-5-2011
Maps http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?7388-TomTom-TeleAtlas-Europe-Maps-2011.06-Map-Premium-Poi-for-iGO-R3-Primo-My-Way
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby catsmokey » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:46 am

Chas's igo8 will be fine for u as i think the x950 only has 32mb of ram. before u do anything backup your current sd card, then reformat it with "fat" & install igo8 as described in the guides. you will need to rename the program & .exe file to "InstallSD".
nabi has a guide to igo8 http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?910-How-to-install-iGO8-from-scratch which u may wish to read also.
in your content file just install a map of 1 country to begin with & others slowly. i think your x950 shd be able to accept a basic 2gb SD card & u may want to buy 1 for a few euros as u want to add a few maps & maybe speedcams later; you could also add a skin later; u will be able to install voice files but i don't know if TTS [where u are insructed to turn onto such & such a road as opposed to just turn right without it] will work.
good luck catsmokey
catsmokey offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby rajawi78 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:59 am

thanks to all and for the gps i need too french voice is it possible to have it please

thanks
rajawi78 offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:56 pm

rajawi78 wrote:thanks to all and for the gps i need too french voice is it possible to have it please

thanks

Sure you can. But here I think we only have TTS French not non-TTS. Therefore, Google is your friend or another kind member could upload it for you. Remember though you also need a French language file. Voice goes into content\voice and language goes into content\lang.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core