Need Help Upgrading My Viamichelin Win CE Device   

Need Help Upgrading My Viamichelin Win CE Device

Postby marcy99 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:43 am

Hello to all my lovely friends long time no speak on the Igo Forum in regards to my viamichelin.

It has been a while since I last updated my Viamichelin IGO core (currently 9.2.1.178658). So I had little tinker yesterday evening and tried puting on Yurbuh Tuggly Igo Primo 2 9.6.13. however, the device kept on rebooting after a message came up saying "warning about to change network" or something like that? after reading the thread it sounded like that it works for some and not for others which is fine, I am not after the absolute up to date navcore as I know the Viamichelin has low memory and I am lucky to run any IGO on it anyway ;)

I have been looking at this thread and I can see that the last PNA device for WinCE is 9.2.0.192885 am I reading it right?

If not can you let me know which newest core you would recommend to upgrade for my device if there is one of course.

Details of the device below

Size: 10 x 7,7 x 2 cm

Colour: Dark grey

Weight: 136 g

Screen: 3.5’’ QGVA LCD (320x240 pixels) / 65,536 colours

Processor: Samsung 300 MHz

Memory: 64 MB RAM/ 128 MB ROM

Operating system: Windows CE.net 5.0

Cables: USB and cigarette lighter

Battery life: 2 hours

Loudspeaker: Integrated

GPS: Integrated GPS receiver (SiRF Star III Technology)
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I am part of the contribution community - I have donated, have you? [/size][/font] :naughty:
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby catsmokey » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:55 am

hi marcy
i also have a VM [used yo have a X960 & now have a X980]; i have tried various other versions of primo on my device with little success & have found chas Primo 1.1 works by far the best, it is reliable, stable, & accurate ~ i use the GJA_Dafunk skin with the truck scheme for my best setup. so my advice is not to bother with the newer primos ~ latest is not always best.
catsmokey
Primo 1.1 [GJA_Dafunk 2.23 with Truck Scheme] on ViaMichelin X-980T [unlocked by VIMORO] ~[/font][size=85] [size=50]Pro: 416 MHz ~ Mem: 64 MB RAM/ 256 MB ROM ~ OS: WinCE.net[/size] 5[/size][/font]
catsmokey offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby marcy99 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:25 pm

catsmokey wrote:hi marcy
i also have a VM [used yo have a X960 & now have a X980]; i have tried various other versions of primo on my device with little success & have found chas Primo 1.1 works by far the best, it is reliable, stable, & accurate ~ i use the GJA_Dafunk skin with the truck scheme for my best setup. so my advice is not to bother with the newer primos ~ latest is not always best.
catsmokey

Hola,

Thanks for the info I will stick with what I have then. Appreciate it.
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I am part of the contribution community - I have donated, have you? [/size][/font] :naughty:
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:34 pm

marcy99 wrote:Hola,

Thanks for the info I will stick with what I have then. Appreciate it.

Sometimes that's best, if it ain't broke...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core