Need help to add speedcam in IGO PRIMO2   

Need help to add speedcam in IGO PRIMO2

Postby raindad85 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:22 am

Hi everyone,

Please I need a help from someone who know how to well install speedcam in IGO primo2, for car GPS ( running in SD CARD).

I have installed the IGO PRIMO 2 (iGo-Primo 2.4-9.6.13 Complete), and everything works well.

then now I tried to install a speedcam, for my country, as explain here:
http://www.navitotal.com/general-discussions-about-tomtom-f81/tomtom-official-speedcams-2014-t6933.html

- to avoid errors, i have copied and pasted desired file within map AND speedmap folder. Then I installed fastactivate.exe in sd card root. Then I tried it on road but nothing happen (no speedcam appears). and it seems that fastactivate doesn't work (nothing appear when i launched it on my PC)

the map I installed is TOMTOM (teleatlas) founded here:
http://www.navitotal.com/maps-buildings-dem-poi-f82/europe-tomtom-teleatlas-2013-t15424.html

So, someone can help me to fix it ?

thanks in advance,

best regards,
raindad85 offline

Re: Nedd help to ADD speedcam in IGO PRIMO2

Postby filesupload100 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:33 am

Welcome to NT.

TomTom have 2 meanings, navigation system, and map publisher/provider.

The navigation program you installed is Primo. Primo can be used with maps and POI's of HERE(Navteq) and/or TomTom (Teleatlas) and a few more.
You can not use TomTom's speedcams/speedmaps with Primo program. You can not use the TomTom maps for TomTom program in Primo.
You are using the correct TomTom map set for iGO and Primo (fbl file/s).

This is why we have seperated sections on the forum for iGO/Primo and TomTom

Use the "Languages, voices, speedcams" of iGO section to search for speedcam file for your area.
The most common file is .txt file that should be move to "content/speedcam" folder in your device/SDcard. In this folder you will probably find spdb/spud file/s. Those are the speed camera DB.
It is created the first time that a txt file is moved into the folder. If you add another txt file, its content is added to the DB, so if not many areas/countries needed, you must delete all files from the folder before moving a txt file. Then, the first time we turn on the program, the database will be created.
It is important to remember that there is voice warning only in real life, outside, with satellite reception. Visual warning also appears in navigation simulation.
filesupload100 offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about iGO core